Thursday, August 1, 2024

July Goals Update

 August is here! So I will do a goals update for July:


1. Health Goals: I resolved to drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies, and walk at least 10,000 steps a day.
2. Personal Project Goals: I resolved to get digital photos sorted by the end of February and collect memorable bits from Facebook for my essays; resolved to work on writing or editing at least one day a week; resolved to relearn ukulele songs I've forgotten and learn new ones, and keep creating my regular webcomic and video content.
3. Reading Goals: I resolved to read at least twice a week.
4. Relationship and Communication Goals: I resolved to document daily life stuff more, keep up with e-mails and online communication, and make time for friends and family.
5. Other Goals: I wanted to prepare and sell my mom's house, watch some TV shows I'd dropped, and not play time-wasting tames.

Progress Update: (you can click to see the calendars better):


HEALTH GOALS:
Summary: Water-drinking is an established routine now and it's going great. I've been succeeding with my three servings of fruit and vegetables (with one always being a green veggie) and have found more fresh fruit than packaged fruit is becoming the norm lately. And I walked at least 10,000 steps every day of July. Here is my calendar of progress:



PERSONAL PROJECT GOALS:

Summary: I haven't done any more with the photos project since last month, but now that I know how to approach it I anticipate jumping back in soon. As I mentioned last month, extra projects got a bit derailed because I was preparing for the 1,000th webcomic for Negative One, and was able to do all the updated info pages as well as run a contest for the milestone. I have continued collecting Facebook clips for future essays almost every day.

Writing projects have ramped up in addition to my weekly webcomic. I wrote a new story and did some more submissions, and I have jumped back into working on my novel. My ukulele practice has continued to be sidelined, which was sad because I was originally motivated to be able to play a lot of songs at Metrocon, but that came and went and I had a good time anyway.


READING GOALS: 

Summary: I've done reasonably well with this, but the book I'm reading is academic and makes for slow reading. (It's about the logic of misogyny. Heavy on the logic.) Enjoying it immensely but it is not a fast read.



RELATIONSHIP AND COMMUNICATION GOALS: 

Summary: My documentation goal is actually building behind the scenes. I'm collecting some stuff from places I documented what I want to transfer to posts. My e-mail box is at 3 unanswered mails. Social schedule has calmed down this month versus the first half of the year. I'm not really in any rush to change this since I'm enjoying having extra time for my projects, but I'm disappointed that one of the hangouts I'd been having appears to have vanished. (I have no explanation for it, but I've been very conscious lately of how I don't want to always be the one who has to initiate everything, and it looks like if I don't, this is how it is.)


OTHER GOALS:

Summary: I am still waiting on the exact same issue as I was last month because no matter what I do the lawyer I'm working with has not come up with the information I need to move forward. It's now been six weeks since I initiated and at this point I've called them twice and e-mailed them four times, and I'm still literally no closer at all to wrapping up. I just need them to tell me who to write a check to for my mom's last remaining debt that was filed through the probate process, and they keep saying they don't know, then never getting back to me after they say they'll check. I am very much ready to be rid of this whole thing and distribute money I owe to my sisters but I can't do anything until this is closed out. What's fun is I DO reliably get statements reflecting money the lawyer is charging me to talk to me on the phone and read my e-mails.

Back-burner projects like my plaster pillar painting are still waiting. I put some of the unsold items from my mom's statues and candy jars up on eBay but no takers so far.

I scheduled and went to my eye doctor appointment, so another item checked off the list. The last one I have for this year is making it to the dentist.

Time-wasting has mostly defaulted to reading and watching news. I wouldn't say it's an unproductive use of time but sometimes I do spend too long on it, and instead of maybe picking up reading or something I am sometimes playing little quiz games to memorize world capitals and stuff. Again, not useless, but I should probably be doing less of it. I have not picked up any of the TV shows I want to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment