- Saturday I got up super early and did more packing. A package got delivered to my new house so Mom and I went over to bring it inside, lay out my rugs, and do more planning on where to put the furniture. After she took me home I did more packing. And I even made an asexuality video--my last video in the apartment. :(
- Sunday I got up early again and cleaned out my outdoor storage closet, went to breakfast with Eric and Jeaux at Cafe Hey, and went with Eric to my new house to drop off some fragile art and my computer. Then I picked up snacks for the movers and went back to my place to finish the final packing. I got a bunch of closets and the bathroom done finally.
- Monday was MOVING DAY. I took off work so I could get my stuff done. Movers arrived early and started taking my stuff to the truck. My mom came over and helped me load her car with some other stuff I didn't want the movers to move. And we went to my new house and the movers unloaded everything. These guys were GREAT and got a big tip from me, plus danishes and cute sandwiches. After they left, my mom and I put together the coffee table and relaxed a bit. After she left I talked to Meg on the phone, put together some chairs, and set up my bed and went to sleep.
- Tuesday I had to go back to my old apartment for the final time and clean it top to bottom. I took a break to go to a training webinar for work, and the rest of the day was spent just cleaning all the rooms. If you want to see how that went, I wrote some detailed stuff with pictures in my earlier post "Empty." My mom and her roomie David came over and picked up another carload of my stuff and we took it to my place, and we all ate at GrillSmith. And then I went home and didn't really have the energy to do any unpacking or anything.
- Wednesday I mostly stayed home and put away stuff that had gotten thrown all over the house in our carload dumps. Couldn't do much to unpack until that stuff was out of the way. I also ordered groceries with a gift my sister had given me and had a plumber come look at my toilet. Then I did some Internet stuff, later did an errand with my mom getting a guitar stand and a comic book, and put a table together. I went to sleep pretty early.
- Thursday was back to work. I had a bunch of utility coordination stuff left for me to do. So I spent the day doing that and working on various updates I had to get finished. When I went home I met up with Jeaux and we ate at Alfonso's Pizza and watched the season finale of People of Earth. (He set up my TV for me.) I drew a little bit of webcomic stuff and went to sleep after he left.
- Friday I worked and it was more of the same utility coordination plus I had to proofread a letter. When I came home I had to hurry through drawing the rest of my comic and it turned out Drink and Draw was that night and I just couldn't finish in time so I missed it. Really disappointed that I missed Drink and Draw!!! I talked to Victor on the phone and got my comic up. I went to bed shortly after. I was really tired. I didn't get much unpacking done during the week but I'm going to try to take my time.
New reviews of my book:
- Maša gave it a four-star review on Goodreads.
- Finished this week: Steven Universe: Lion, Mane of Mystery. Five-star review.
- Finished this week: Steven Universe: Ongoing Comic Series #8. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: Stormy Weather by Carl Hiaasen.
I was too busy with moving to sing this week.
|Drew Jasper from Steven Universe for the first time,|
except I only used Red Group colors from my marker set
and made her sort of pink. :D
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0646: "Our Own Worth."
Letters to an Asexual #50, my last video filmed in my apartment, is out. It's about changing labels--how identity can be fluid or how more thought can lead a person to discovering a different label is more appropriate, and how that's not betraying the asexual community or making us look bad. I also sing a song about changes at the end, playing ukulele.
|New rugs in my new house!|
|Ready to move.|
|Boxes all set.|
|I put a chair together in my new house.|
|Went back to clean the old place. Here I am making a peace sign after cleaning the bathroom.|
|Time to say goodbye to the apartment where I lived for ten years.|
|Leaving was sad.|
|A girl's gotta take a couscous break.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,283 for swankivy (lost 5), 646 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Twitter followers: 886 for swankivy (2 new), 1,333 for JulieSondra (lost 7). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 202 followers (no change) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 55 likes for Negative One (no change), 126 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,500 (no change). Instagram followers: 123 (1 new).