- Saturday I got to hang out with my sister and drink coffee in the morning. They headed out to the zoo with my dad and Connie and I didn't go with them--I don't really like zoos--so I just worked on blogging and posting photos and doing Polos. Ash and I hung out and played Attack the Light on my phone. We also went out to get cupcakes at the allergy-free bakery. My sister went out to pick up my mom and had car trouble! Which threw a monkey wrench in the works for how we were going to get to band practice tomorrow. But my sister and my dad worked it out. Ash and I did some drawing and my mom came over. We all hung out and my mom and sister made a Chinese jump rope but we didn't get around to playing with it. After Mom went home we watched more Steven Universe and got to episode 41 ("Horror Club").
- Sunday was my family's last full day visiting me. We got up early and got picked up by my dad. At Heitor's house (our band's guitarist), my sister and nephew watched the first half of our practice, and then we ate some of the treats my sister had brought and they spent the second half of the practice in the pool. We had a good practice and Ash learned to swim for real! So impressive. We ordered some food and hung out at my dad's house for a while--and Ash got to try out their pool too. Then my dad took us home. We hung out with Mom one more time, ate dinner, played with the jump rope, and did more drawing. Then after Mom left and took her car home, we got through the end of Steven Universe season 1. What a ride! My sister wrapped up most of her packing and we all went to bed.
- Monday I saw my sister and nephew off in a Lyft car to the airport. I got some travel updates involving Ash watching Steven Universe songs on his tablet. :D I have infected my family. At work I did some utility stuff and teaming invites. I did some laundry and listened to the band rehearsal recordings. In the evening I played games with my friends online and did some walking.
- Tuesday was a nice slower day. Did more utility stuff and went to three meetings. Caught up on the news and played a game in the background. Helped my sister get access to SU episodes they were watching at home. Redecorated my place for the new season (lots of sunflowers!). Cleaned up some small messes in the house and talked to Tony.
- Wednesday I had more meetings and updates. For Jeaux Day we went shopping, got Chinese food, and watched Colbert and What We Do in the Shadows, and caught up on stories about assholes and silly videos.
- Thursday involved a lot of utility work. Family still sending updates on cartoons, yay. I worked on my webcomic and flipped between doing that, listening to news/playing games, and taking walks while watching reactions. I fixed a broken clasp on one of my toy shelves, hooray.
- Friday I had a slower day at work with project updates, reports, and utilities. I finished my webcomic and posted it, working on it in between playing games, listening to news, and walking while reading. I finished processing photos from my family's visit and put them in the photos page. Decided I should get back into writing my LiveJournal updates and jumped in.
Health Plan Update:
- Weight stuff: Well, I've been eating a bunch of junk and leftovers because there were a lot of goodies in the house. So this is gonna be weird for a while. High weight: 118.9. Low weight: 116.4.
- Nutrition stuff: The balance is on the fat-heavy side, and I've been gobbling candy and ice cream. That said, I've done okay with the protein. Consumption of fruit and vegetables could be way better. Vitamins have been consistent!
- Activity stuff: Saturday and Sunday I was unable to meet my walking goals because of spending time with family, but I got back onto my usual walking schedule for the rest of the week. My low day was Saturday at 7,400 steps, and my high day was Monday at 11,139 steps.
- Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
- Currently reading: Dirty Job by Christopher Moore. I'm on page 338.
This week's karaoke song is "The Hardest Part" by Coldplay.
Doodles I did while hanging out with Ash:
You can see the whole album, with additional pictures and some my sister and friends contributed, at The 2022 Patricia & Ash Florida Visit Album. But these are a few faves I took.
|Ash can swim!|
|Chinese jump rope|
|Ash watching the Steven Universe Season 1 finale|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,431 for swankivy (4 new), 679 for JulieSondra (1 new), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 144 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 911 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,335 for JulieSondra (lost 3). Facebook: 294 friends for swankivy (no change), 637 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 236 likes for So You Write (no change), 89 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (lost 1). Tumblr followers: 2,448 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 247 (2 new).