Life news this week:
- Saturday I got up early enough to finish my early summer decorating before my friend Steve came over. We had a GREAT visit! We went to Joe's Diner for breakfast and had fantastic chats, and then to my house for cartoons. We watched some emotional episodes (a couple I cried on, and I was pleased that he got emotional on one of them too even though it was a sad one), and we talked a while longer before he had to go to work. After he left I lazed around for a long time and then did my blogging and photos before falling asleep pretty early.
- Sunday my mom was supposed to come over so I baked oatmeal cookies for Mother's Day, but she never showed up, so I just kept the batter in the fridge. I fixed a problem with a water hose on my water system, didn't do my table time because the next day tree trimmers were coming and they were probably going to make a mess, and did my usual laundry and karaoke and stuff. I drew a cartoon drawing for Mother's Day and talked to my sister on the phone.
- Monday I only had one letter to do and not much productivity to report. Mom was supposed to come by after I got off work but she kept saying she was coming and then she fell asleep watching Andy Griffith so she didn't come. Waaaah. Well, at least the tree guys got the tree stuff done on my backyard trees! It was an epic production. They blocked off the street and had heavy equipment and everything.
- Tuesday I did a bunch of work on prompting a few co-workers to create or review elements of an upcoming proposal because it was closing in on the due date and a lot of the work wasn't done yet. After work Mom was supposed to come by but again she told me she wouldn't be coming, though this time she didn't say why. I got a ride home, worked on some fun fandom essays, drew comics for a fan comic about the character Padparadscha from Steven Universe, finally baked the cookies from the batter I'd been saving for Mom because it was going to go bad if someone didn't eat it, and got my comics colored and scanned before bed.
- Wednesday I was asked to come in early to work on the proposal but when I got there my boss had thrown in the towel on it and said we weren't going to submit. He wanted me to work on the next one but then when I told him what still needed doing on that one, he abandoned that one too. He thinks we have better chances with more traditional proposals and these were weird ones for Florida counties. Jeaux picked me up after work and we ate at a hipster place called SoFresh. We each got a teriyaki cauli bowl and mine had tofu and his had chicken. It was good! We then shopped for groceries and watched the last couple episodes of The Tick and an episode of What We Do in the Shadows.
- Thursday I did resume research for an upcoming turnpike project (due Monday) and did some editing work on my dad's friend's book. I got home really late for some reason and had to postpone my call with Victor so I could recharge my phone and eat. I called him back and drew comics.
- Friday we did some more work on the turnpike thing and spent a bunch of time kicking stuff around. After work I finished my webcomic and posted it. Mom was supposed to come over but then she texted hours later to say she fell asleep, and she didn't come. I finished processing my comic about Padparadscha and posted it online, and people seem to like it. :)
New reviews of my book:
Check out my nutrition readout. I did manage to lose half a pound overall this week, but it also went back up in the middle of the week before going down again?
- Finished this week: The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
This week's karaoke song is "Jimmy Jimmy" by Madonna.
|Mother's Day with the Gems|
Also check out my 10-panel fan comic called "Thanks, Padparadscha." It really doesn't make sense if you don't know the character and the show, but I did some pretty unusual detail on the background paintings (which are digital) so you could just look at it for the pretty pictures if you aren't a SU fan.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0731: "What-If Mode."
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,259 for swankivy (no change), 680 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 968 for swankivy (4 new), 1,341 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 293 friends (no change) and 207 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 647 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 151 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,516 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 182 (2 new).