- Saturday I cleaned up around the house and was supposed to see my friend Ben but I didn't hear from him so we didn't hang out. I posted some listings for sale for a bunch of my mom's furniture on Facebook Marketplace and put some of Meg's stuff on eBay. And ended up writing an essay about Steven Universe which did some numbers on Tumblr. Practiced some music, made Polos, did my blogging, and recorded a video for my Letters series.
- Sunday I spent the whole day over at Mom's selling furniture and taking more photos to list more items. I sold a wall mirror, a set of couches, a table and 8 chairs, a small table and 4 chairs, and a collectibles cabinet. Also had dorks trying to scam me because apparently scams are very common on Facebook Marketplace, but I am good at recognizing scams. In between selling items, I went through more of Mom's stuff and sorted it for donation or sale. Then I came home, cleaned up, did laundry, took out trash, and updated a bunch of stuff on my Mom file and my bank. I installed my new scanner and redid the bad version of Negative One from last week, and I received my new clothes hangers so I got to hang up my special SU jackets on their new clothes rack.
- Monday work was slower than usual because we didn't have letters going out. I took a look at the upcoming projects and made a stab at a report even though there was nothing coming up. Just did some background updates throughout the day. After work I wrote my next So You Write webcomic, submitted some short stories to magazines, put away laundry while Poloing, and printed out a bunch of paperwork for some Mom-related appointments for the next day. Was researching a date for something by looking at old text messages and saw a conversation with my mom in which I told her to get her liver checked back in 2021. Guess what, she didn't. I was supposed to meet a woman who bought Mom's table but she had to cancel because she got a migraine. Oh well!
- Tuesday was a super packed day. I worked in the morning and went to a debriefing meeting. Then I had to go to the bank to establish an Estate Account for Mom now that I finally can. The appointment was crappy. It started half an hour late and then took two hours because of technology glitches and confusion. Which made me miss my next appointment at the DMV to get Mom's car transferred into my name. I went to the appointment anyway and they said I was too late and gave me another slot . . . which, weirdly, was very reasonable! And the meeting went very smoothly! I was able to get my mom's title issued to me with no problems. Came home and immediately booked an appointment to sell the car at CarMax the next day. And booked a tow truck to bring it there (both because the car is out of registration and because, well, I am not a licensed driver). Then I updated my sisters on the status, cleaned up, drew a comic, and relaxed with some games. Wrote a set list for an upcoming performance and sent it to the band.
- Wednesday I worked in the morning again doing some reports. Went to Mom's to meet the tow truck driver and took some more photos and measurements of furniture for listings. The tow truck was 45 minutes late so I missed my CarMax appointment. Is anyone sensing a theme here? I think maybe my mom's penchant for lateness is casting a tardy glaze on everything related to wrapping up her affairs. I finally got to ride in the tow truck while we towed it to CarMax, and then I got a new appointment and received excellent service and an offer I was very happy with. So I sold my mom's car and it's done! Took a Lyft car home and then went out with Jeaux. We ate at Vallarta's and went grocery shopping. It was too cold for walking for my wimpy ass. So we watched the show Koisenu Futari and a little Colbert we hadn't seen. After he left I sent a summary to the probate lawyer and canceled my mom's car insurance.
- Thursday I was super cold! Did a timesheet update, a utility ticket, and a debrief meeting. At lunchtime I walked to the bank and got some temporary checks (I wasn't allowed to get checks yet until 24 hours had passed, so that's why I didn't get them at the initial appointment). I also deposited the CarMax check and another reimbursement check leftover from my mom's supplemental insurance, and I FINALLY paid myself back for all the bills I'd paid at my mom's house (over $10,000). Whew. While I was at the bank a woman fainted in the lobby so there was drama and ambulances. Fun never stops! Walked home, proofread a letter and sent it out, and then worked on my comic's processing. After work I had to spend a few hours at my mom's because the lady who'd had a migraine was ready to pick up the table and I was also selling an antique desk to a lady for her husband for Christmas. Managed to get a little more packing of donations up before I had to go home for game night. Played with my friends for a couple hours, recorded a karaoke song, posted my comic, and cleaned up.
- Friday I did my timesheet collections and upcoming project reports for the office, took a break to talk to my old coworker Suma, and dove into some data entry. Monitored offers on Mom's furniture all day but didn't have anything solid for the next visit yet. Busted out my webcomic and cut it a little close because I was practicing music in between. People were bidding on one of Meg's items on eBay that I'm selling for her so I went through the laborious process of making a box for it (it's a lightsaber, so really weird shape). Packed up Mom's license plate to send back to the DMV too.
- Atlas DeBorde gave The Invisible Orientation a five-star review on Goodreads.
Health Plan Update:
- Weight stuff: Seeing some downward movement but I think it's just because I haven't been eating as much due to being so active this week. Not really intentional choices if you know what I mean. High weight: 123.4. Low weight: 121.7.
- Nutrition stuff: Very balanced diets this week for the most part (if low calorie). The balance between carbs, protein, and fat is almost spot on the recommended amounts all week. And I have returned to eating salads which are excellent. Still consistently taking vitamins.
- Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Monday at 10,176 steps, and my high day was Thursday at 15,511 steps.
- Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
- Currently Reading: Loveless by Alice Oseman. I'm on page 126.
This week's karaoke song is "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order.
Letters to an Asexual #108 ("I wish I was asexual!") is out. In this video, I share two Anonymous questions sent to me about what we should say and how we should react if someone says they wish they were asexual or aromantic.
|Me at my bank appointment|
|Me being a wimp|
|Selling Mom's car|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,450 for swankivy (7 new), 674 for JulieSondra (lost 1), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 194 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 70 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 847 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,851 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 300 friends for swankivy (no change), 648 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 246 likes for So You Write (no change), 97 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,442 (no change). Instagram followers: 266 (no change).