Saturday, July 13, 2024

Personal Digest Saturday: July 6 – July 12

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I was up too early so I went back to bed to snooze and laze a bit. Then I got up to get ready for the convention. I got my costume on and Jeaux picked me up and dropped me off there while he went home and got ready himself. He met me there a while later and we went around looking at costumes and shopping and going to a "disability in cosplay" panel, with a lunch break at American Social. I got very tired at the end and Jeaux took me home. I took another snooze, then got up and processed my pictures and did my blog.

  • Sunday I was up early again so I could get ready for band practice. Dad picked me up and we had a practice to work on our less polished songs. (A little rough.) Met with Connie at Yard House and got lunch, and then Dad took me home. I threw in laundry and took out the trash, then caught another nap. Got up, watched and recorded Polos, and did some prep work for my comic's upcoming thousandth issue celebration.

  • Monday was a weird day. The server was down at work and my boss wouldn't be back until after usual working hours to reboot it, so I just did other personal projects in the daytime (with some limited work during the day answering e-mails and doing some crash data), and then when it was back up I hopped on and worked a short after-hours shift. Did some walking, Poloing, and comic prep.

  • Tuesday I did data entry and wrangled reminders. Worked on my comic prep. Ben and Scott decided not to come over so I had the evening free to do more comic prep. 

  • Wednesday I had meetings and proposal prep. Worked on more comic prep. Jeaux took me out to SoFresh (on his side of town because we had to go back and get something from his apartment that he'd forgotten), and after grocery shopping we took a walk and watched two episodes of Dungeon Meshi because people on Tumblr are into it.

  • Thursday I put out fires at work and did more data entry, went to meetings, and did project research. Went hardcore into the comic prep trying to hit the deadline. Wrote a long comic for the thousandth issue and started drawing it during game night. We had a packed house with 9 players so it was a lot of fun. Went back to comic prep after.

  • Friday I did my timesheets and reports, and then finished up comic stuff and posted the 1000th issue and the accompanying 1000th issue contest. Bizarre that the comic has been going for over nineteen years and I'm finally here. Managed to get it all done and record a song besides, plus I didn't even miss my walking goal! But I was exhausted at the end of the night.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Making an effort once again and hoping to see if smaller portions are a good idea. I recorded a high of 122.5 and a low of 122.0. 
  • Nutrition stuff: Very good balance this week except for some restaurant food days (and even those were pretty decent). I am still regularly taking vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Tuesday at 10,008 steps, and my high day was Saturday at 23,760 steps.

Books Read: 

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "A Complicated Song" by "Weird Al" Yankovic.








    Stuff drawn:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:

    #1000: adele #246: mastermind.

    Videos Made: 

    None.

    New photos:

    For the photos taken at Metrocon, there is a full Metrocon 2024 Album on my photo site, but here are my faves:

    My Steven Universe costume

    My Steven Universe costume

    Rose Quartz (Steven Universe)

    Pink Diamond (Steven Universe)

    Steven & Pink Diamond (Steven Universe)

    Wirt (Over the Garden Wall) & Steven

    Ken (Barbie)

    Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt


    Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls)

    Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls)

    Simon & Betty (Adventure Time)

    Jeaux and me at lunch at American Social!

    Garnet (Steven Universe)

    Steven Universe crew (Peridot, 3 Stevens, Jasper)

    Steven and the Stevens

    Pearl (Steven Universe)

    Two Stevens and Pearl (Steven Universe)

    Aang (The Last Airbender)

    Korra & Bolin (Legend of Korra)

    And my awesome photo of me with my folders of 1,000 comics!


    Social media counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,449 for swankivy (lost 2), 677 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 198 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 67 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 838 for swankivy (no change), 3,890 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 644 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 257 likes for So You Write (no change), 100 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,438 (no change). Instagram followers: 284 (2 new). Threads followers: 64 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment