Life news this week:
- Saturday was two huge events for me! One was getting to meet my first Pitch Wars mentee, Ben, in person, and he brought along his very nice wife Emma whom I'd never conversed with. We had a few hours to chill and talk and it was great. Then they had to be on their way to catch a flight. Then I threw a party! I had been weirdly efficient with my preparation the night before so there was almost nothing to do. I had a checklist, though, and started getting ready a few hours before the party. It took more than an hour to do my makeup for my costume because I had to paint myself purple. I had a good crowd for the party and they ate my food, talked, and enjoyed good company. Four people slept over (three were planned) and several stayed past 3 AM. And I was delighted to have my friend Steve meet my friends as he was able to attend after he got off work.
- Sunday I saw my friends off and then spent the day recovering. I didn't do much (though I did do some laundry and cleanup); mostly just ate delicious leftovers and relaxed. I did some karaoke and did the dishes. Was nice to have some down time.
- Monday I did some data entry for our project and worked on a letter. I also got to see my friend Steve for lunch and that was really nice! We had Thai food. Also, we found out we won a project! Great news! After work I did some ace stuff for Asexual Awareness Week and drew for Inktober. And I tried to help one of my friends with a website.
- Tuesday I helped with file transfers and did a transcript for my boss, then edited a letter for the office. My photos of my Halloween costume got a feature on Amino so that was nice! I talked to Jeaux on the phone after work and did some drawings for Inktober. Stayed up late to review the latest SU comic.
- Wednesday I plotted some intersection boards, did some file stuff, and made business cards for people. After work I took a quick nap and then Jeaux came over. We ate at Denny's and shopped at Winn-Dixie. Came home and watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Jeaux ate the last of my pumpkin pie. I drew a picture for someone I'm trading with on the Internet and went to bed.
- Thursday I sent a package in the morning and went to work. Did some updates and some preparation for an upcoming letter. We hired a new guy! After work we all went to the Supersession which was a thing for transportation professionals. Did some networking and got to have a delicious dinner and a great presentation on road safety for vulnerable road users. Went home and finished up my webcomic.
- Friday I did some updates, reports, and timesheets. After work I posted my webcomic and did a livestream for Asexual Awareness Week. People could ask questions or chat in the box while I made a video and discussed how media handles asexuality awareness.
- YourTango published 4 Lessons Asexuals Can Teach Us About Pure, Unapologetic Love and made a reference to my book.
Still paused on diet stuff until after I eat the leftovers from my Halloween party.
- Finished this week: Steven Universe ongoing comic #33. Five-star review.
- Finished this week: Time Travelers Strictly Cash by Spider Robinson. Three-star review.
- Currently reading: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 2 by Gene Luen Yang, Michael Dante DiMartino, and Bryan Konietzko.
This week's karaoke song is "There's a Fine, Fine Line" from Avenue Q.
Inktober continues with Steven Universe drawings!
|Day 19: Sling|
|Day 20: Tread|
|Day 21: Treasure|
|Day 22: Ghost|
|Day 23: Ancient|
|Day 24: Dizzy|
|Day 25: Tasty|
|Lapis and Peridot and Pumpkin: Present for trading card friend|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0754: "To Say No."
An Ace Evening with Swankivy was my very first Livestream event shown in real time with chat available for viewers to ask questions or add comments. I discussed asexuality in media and answered questions from subscribers and pals.
|Jeaux as Jamie as Garnet (with Amethyst Mop)|
|Jeaux as Jamie as Pearl|
|Meggie as Minnie|
|Benjamin as Future Luigi|
|Katelyn as Ariel|
|Victor as Sponge Bob|
|Joy as a Nightmare Hospital Doctor|
|Arthur and Yasmin as a Floridian and a Lesbian Soccer Parent|
|Amethyst, Amethyst Mop, Jamie Pearl|
|Who wore it better?|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,255 for swankivy (lost 6), 680 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 977 for swankivy (6 new), 1,354 for JulieSondra (16 new). Facebook: 295 friends (lost 2, dunno who) and 207 followers (no change) for swankivy, 651 likes for JulieSondra (lost 3), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 163 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,510 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 187 (2 new).