- Saturday I talked to my mom for a couple hours and then went back to planning a podcast. Then I got my blogging done and did a check-in at work but I still didn't have the documents I needed to work on a proposal we were trying to knock out. I made some zucchini and mushrooms for pasta and ate that delicious dinner. Did some editing on a podcast and then recorded a new one with Daria (for episodes 69 and 70). I was really tired afterwards so I went to bed.
- Sunday I hung around the house because my mom yet again didn't want me to come over. My boss dropped by in the early morning to get something notarized and we were able to work on our proposal. I spent some time on it and got everything edited and ready. Other than that I did my chores and some karaoke recordings and also put together prizes for the convention panel I'm running. Also practiced ukulele.
- Monday I went back to work--headed in early to work on data entry and upcoming project reports. Also had to go to meetings. Recorded some Polos and practiced ukulele. After work I played games with my pals and I also stubbed my toe really hard on the bathroom door. (I might have a broken toe! Youch.) I had to put ice on it and put it up at night. Practiced ukulele some more.
- Tuesday was a more relaxed day and I was able to focus on utility projects at work. And we found out we got selected on a project where we're a subconsultant so that's exciting! Practiced some songs and even did a recording in cosplay of the song "Stronger Than You" (a classic!). I ate the rest of my zucchini in a weird meal with yogurt. My toe was a little better.
- Wednesday I worked on a lot of different projects at work, and I practiced a lot of ukulele songs too. My toe felt better but looked worse! Weird. Jeaux and I ate at Burger 21 and got some prints made for our panel, and after that we watched Owl House and Colbert and some silliness. I put together some ukulele chords for my reference so I could have them all in one place. ;)
- Thursday I did more ukulele playing and planned my convention outfits. Had to do some work on the data entry stuff at work and wrote up some notes for utilities. Did an application and worked on the uke page. Victor called relatively early for him and we talked and I got my comic done while we were still on the phone.
- Friday I worked a half day because of the convention. I had to go to two meetings early and got some of my stuff together while listening in on the meetings. I also got my comic posted and managed to get out of the house around noon. Took a Lyft to the convention and was dressed like Pearl from Steven Universe! Wandered around looking at cosplayers and enjoyed it. Jeaux got there later with a surprise costume--he likes to do costumes within costumes, so he was Pearl pretending to be Steven. What a silly person. We went to a show tune singalong and had some food. He was kind enough to drive me home. I was super tired when I got home!
- I'm mentioned in this Quora discussion as a known public personality who identifies as asexual.
- Kate gave The Invisible Orientation a three-star review on Goodreads.
- Weight stuff: Pretty happy with how the week went. I've been much more responsible with my eating habits and actively making better choices, and am seeing results (though they're not that significant). High weight: 113.5 pounds. Low weight: 112.6.
- Nutrition stuff: I'm very pleased with this week's choices! I have declared a decision to eat something green every day, and was able to keep to that every single day this week. (Primarily by eating spinach smoothies, but some other green stuff too, like zucchini and avocado). I also made some very good choices about snacking this week and I'm happy.
- Activity stuff: Did very well with my walking almost every day this week despite possibly breaking my toe on Monday! I came in low on Sunday, though--I worked a half day so I was in my chair more than usual, and forgot to compensate for it. My low day was Sunday at 7,904 steps, and my high day was Friday at 18,074 steps.
- Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
- Currently reading: Six Characters in Search of an Author and Other Plays by Luigi Pirandello. I'm on page 90.
This week's karaoke song is "Your Love" by the Outfield.
Pillows from my Steven Universe pillow collection:
My weird dinner with zucchini, yogurt, and horseradish sauce:
Photos from Friday's convention day, with me as Pearl (you can see the whole convention album at my Metrocon 2021 Gallery, but these are my favorites):