Life news this week:
- Saturday I was all messed up because I went to bed early. I went and talked to Tony because he was mowing the lawn on a weird day to get stuff done before the holidays, and then I got my stuff ready to do a podcast with Daria. I put away some of my SU display and I made a yummy tofu and mushrooms dish with a peanut and soy sauce combo. In the evening I recorded the first two episodes of Season 3 with Daria ("Super Watermelon Island" and "Gem Drill"), and then I spent too much time on Reddit replying to comments on the merch post.
- Sunday was supposed to be band practice but there was a potential Covid risk (turned out: not Covid, but we were being safe), so instead of meeting my dad came to my place and I made him waffles. He got to see my partially put away SU display which still looked like a museum. We did some piano/voice duets and had a good time. After he left I did Sunday chores, did karaoke, finished my blogging late, and caught up with Polos.
- Monday I was up early for work. It was a relatively slow day even though we had a letter due. I worked on an upcoming proposal. I responded to some old YouTube comments and put away some laundry, and I played games with my friends in the evening and posted merch on Amino.
- Tuesday work was a little busier because I got a bunch of info to go on putting the package together for our proposal. After work I made Polos for Meg and P and put more SU stuff away. I answered more YouTube messages and posted silly things about recipes on Reddit. I got a lot of people trying to stump me and no one could. :)
- Wednesday work was pretty slow as you'd expect, but I was busy working on my proposal stuff. Also got to work with another office's admin to do some Thanksgiving mail-outs. I responded to more recipe suggestions and still no one came up with a recipe I have not done. I finally finished putting away my SU merch collection in the evening and got my living room back to normal (which involved moving furniture and putting two bookshelves' worth of books back on the shelves).
- Thursday we had the day off for Thanksgiving. I spent the morning just chilling and drinking coffee. Then later Jeaux came over and made some food--we didn't have a Jeaux Day on Wednesday because we did not want to go to the grocery store on the day before Thanksgiving. Jeaux made a Tofurky dish, potatoes, two vegetable bags, his first tray of biscuits ever, and some gravy. My mom came over and ate a teeny bit like she usually does, but she actually ate more than usual and ended up resting on the couch for a long time. Jeaux also showed me some funny videos, and I had to fix some stuff on my mom's phone, but that was it.
- Friday I had the day off and struggled to get anything done. I ate some leftovers and worked on my comic and that was it. I had a nice nap. :)
Health Plan Update:
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:
- Kelcii gave The Invisible Orientation a three-star review on Goodreads.
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:
- Asexuality deserves recognition; content creators: all sexual identities: I was interviewed with a couple other aces in SJSUNews. Our interviewer was also asexual, which always makes a difference!
- Embracing the Ace has a post mentioning my book which talks about the struggle to come out as asexual to parents.
- Weight stuff: A little better this week with the more intentional choices, though I had some waffles lying around that made their mark. High weight: 115.1. Low weight: 114.6.
- Nutrition stuff: I did a little better with protein this week than last week, and am keeping up with vegetables, though not as well as last week. Thanksgiving was calorie-heavy but also helped with vegetables because I had a lot of them (corn, mushrooms, broccoli, and carrots!).
- Activity stuff: I made my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Wednesday at 10,021 steps, and my high day was Sunday at 20,278 steps.
- Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
- Currently reading: Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow. I'm on page 82.
This week's karaoke song is "Sunny Came Home" by Shawn Colvin.
|Jeaux's first biscuits|
|Carving the Tofurky|
|The food Jeaux made|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,327 for swankivy (2 new), 672 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 133 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 922 for swankivy (no change), 2,324 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (no change), 634 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 231 likes for So You Write (no change), 85 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,461 (1 new). Instagram followers: 243 (no change).