- Saturday I had a bit of a procrastination day. Did some blogging, played some games, took a walk, got irritated at internet people for being unpleasant, texted about cartoons with my sister, washed some blankets, and had a four-hour conversation with Yasmin on the phone. Managed to work in some podcast tinkering too.
- Sunday I got up early for band practice; Dad picked me up and we had a productive practice pounding out songs we really don't have ready and making some decisions. And we got to go to our usual sushi place after. At home I took a long nap and then got up for laundry and trash. I also got my tickets purchased for the Broadway show Jeaux and I will see when we're in New York.
- Monday I didn't get enough sleep. Work involved editing a letter and cleaning up some records. Took some walks, did laundry, took a nap, and played games with my friends. Prevented my nephew from getting spoiled on later episodes of Steven Universe by telling him the comic he was reading wasn't safe for him yet. (Nerd Aunt alert.) Worked on podcast editing.
- Tuesday involved project manager reports and resurrected utility work. Took a nap and released a podcast. Did a bunch of Poloing and helped Mom with a reimbursement claim.
- Wednesday was pretty slammed with utility work. Argued about cartoons on Reddit and smacked a bigot around. Went to the store and Five Guys with Jeaux, and we didn't have any new Colbert but we did watch What We Do in the Shadows and another episode of Sandman.
- Thursday I had to deal with some Excel spreadsheets which is not my favorite. Utility projects were continuing to need attention too, and Mom also needed assistance with her phone bill so I had to help her too. Sent some Polos, drank a new flavor of soda called Dreamworld, and worked on some website updates.
- Friday was very busy. I had timesheets and upcoming project reports due, and also utility stuff. After work I had to get my drawings done for Negative One (and I had done NO drawings the night before). Tried to help Mom again with bank card stuff. Worked on plans for the next podcast. Chatted with Jeremy about writing.
- Slone Ryan gave The Invisible Orientation a five-star review on Amazon.
Health Plan Update:
- Weight stuff: Improvements! Made much better snacking choices this week and it also seems to have paid off, which is always gratifying. The higher weights this week were toward the very beginning and then the lower ones were for the rest of the week. High weight: 119.5. Low weight: 116.9.
- Nutrition stuff: I have still had some days where my carbs/fats/protein were not well balanced. It's mostly that I'm eating too much fat. I need to work on this but have incorporated more fruits and veggies this week. Vitamins have been consistent!
- Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Friday at 10,028 steps, and my high day was Saturday at 20,808 steps.
- Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
- Currently reading: Dirty Job by Christopher Moore. I'm on page 366.
This week's karaoke song is "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne.
Not-So-Giant Women Episode 42: Winter Forecast is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Winter Forecast" and cover such topics as karmic rewards for good behavior, a more reasonable side to the Maheswarans, Greg's love of cherries, Steven's experience of future visions and whether it's different from Garnet's, the ethics of Steven telling other people about Garnet's power, Connie and Steven's adorable relationship, Greg's outfits, the characters' lack of cell phone use when it would've been practical, the show's metaplot sneaking in there, what Lion gets up to when he's not busy being in an episode, and a digression about Ivy's toilet frog.
Not-So-Giant Women Episode 43: Maximum Capacity is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Maximum Capacity" and cover such topics as the episode's drastic tonal shift, Greg's reactions to Amethyst's over-the-line behavior, Amethyst's self-worth issues and where her actions came from in her personality, how Rose figured into the feeling of loss for both of them, how Amethyst feels about Greg (and common fan misconceptions), where the line is for getting sucked into a TV show, how Amethyst's origin of being abandoned figures into who she is now and how she acts in this episode, Greg's racy book, Garnet and Pearl wearing human clothes, absurd '80s and '90s sitcoms, holidays in Steven's world, Peedee's possible OCD and Greg's hoarding, pros and cons of bingeable television, and how the lack of environmental music for most of the episode actually enhanced the discomfort of the cringeworthy moments.
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,431 for swankivy (2 new), 679 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 146 for Not-So-Giant Women (2 new). Twitter followers: 906 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,408 for JulieSondra (18 new). Facebook: 294 friends for swankivy (no change), 637 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 235 likes for So You Write (no change), 91 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,448 (no change). Instagram followers: 244 (lost 2).