Saturday, August 13, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: August 6 – August 12

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I did my blogging interspersed with taking breaks to play games, send and receive Polos, read, and send e-mails. I did some more catch-up on old journal stuff, and texted with my sister about cartoons. And I reread an old book I wrote.

  • Sunday I finished rereading an old book I wrote. I miss that book. Wrote some more e-mails, did laundry and trash chores, recorded a karaoke song, and made a new asexuality video. Sent a LONG Polo to my friend Cara. Updated my photos page and talked to my sister briefly about cartoons again.

  • Monday I had three meetings and four letters to attend to at work. We made it through all of them despite a few glitches. I then got to work a bit on the next Not-So-Giant Women video, did a little reading, and played games with my friends. I laughed myself silly at the finale of Quiplash and I think I alarmed my friends.

  • Tuesday I spent the day calling utility representatives to get revised documents. Other than that I did more journal stuff, started working through a book I've been asked to blurb (about asexuality and aromanticism), and put away my laundry. I also took updated photos of my jacket and sweater collection because I got the new Daylight Curfew jacket.

  • Wednesday I chased utilities and did project manager reports. Also read blogs, worked on journal stuff, and played games. Jeaux arrived in the early evening and we went grocery shopping, picked up food from Vallarta's, and watched Colbert, What We Do in the Shadows, and the first two episodes of the new Sandman series (which we both are liking; we both like the comics). After he left I finished processing the Not-So-Giant Women podcast for the episode "The Test," but fell asleep before it was done processing.

  • Thursday involved more utility work and project manager reports. I posted my NSGW podcast and worked on journal stuff. I won a cool eBay auction. Then I listened to news while drawing my NINE HUNDREDTH ISSUE OF NEGATIVE ONE. Sent Polos and wrote in my journal. Worked on the ace/aro book some more.

  • Friday involved timesheets, utility stuff, and upcoming project reports. I finished NEGATIVE ONE'S NINE HUNDREDTH ISSUE and posted it, worked on the book I'm blurbing, did some Polos, read old journals, and rushed to get my steps in because I spent a lot of time in the computer chair during the day.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I've had a lot of junk-eating to do! Well, and trying to consume things before they go bad because they were in the house from either being left behind by my sister or having been bought by me in anticipation of sharing. So I've definitely been eating more and different stuff lately, and this is reflected here. High weight: 119.5. Low weight: 116.9.
  • Nutrition stuff: Vegetables and fruits have actually been pretty good over here, though I also ate a bunch of heavy Mexican food mid-week and a lot of snacky food too. Vitamins have been consistent!
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Saturday at 10,009 steps, and my high day was Sunday at 11,111 steps.
Books Read: 


    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Nobody's Side" from the musical Chess.



    Stuff drawn:




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0900: "To Be and Do." 





    Videos Made:

    Letters to an Asexual #94 ("But asexuality is DEFINED as....") is out. In this video, I read someone's blog post in which the author accuses asexual people of being ACTUALLY just genophobic (afraid of sex) and of being definitively NOT asexual because they have sex organs--followed by an awful lot of twaddle that they thought backed up their conclusion that we are not a legitimate sexual orientation. My half-hearted attempt to counter this offensively lazy justification is also included.



    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 38: The Test is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "The Test" and cover such topics as video game glitches of our youths, Steven's tendency to parentify himself, Pearl's tendency to put her foot in her mouth, the Temple being able to accommodate a testing space and the way the Gems activated the door for it, the games named and the similarities to real-life games, the way continuity has persisted, opinions of each Gem's test room, how Steven might have dealt with his real feelings after not being honest with the Gems, and the show being tied to Steven's perspective.


    New photos:

    A cool fat rainbow

    The day I discovered I accidentally laundered money

    Updated Steven Universe Daylight Curfew Jacket collection

    Updated SU Jacket and Sweater collection


    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,426 for swankivy (lost 5), 679 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 144 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 910 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,373 for JulieSondra (38 new). Facebook: 294 friends for swankivy (no change), 637 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 236 likes for So You Write (no change), 89 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,448 (no change). Instagram followers: 245 (lost 2).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment