Life news this week:
- Saturday involved plotting stuff for my podcast in between taking walks and doing my blogging. I also got a chance to watch more of the 2020 Animaniacs reboot before sitting down to do the podcast with Daria. And as usual it was a great podcast. I managed to get in one more walk and more cartoons before bedtime.
- Sunday was laundry and cleaning up, plus some rambling about Animaniacs nostalgia online and critiquing some annoying online quizzes. Jeaux took me out for shopping since we wouldn't be able to do it Wednesday and we didn't want it to get too close to Thanksgiving shopping. Then I got a BUNCH of typing done on Cat's video transcript. Finally I finished off watching the Animaniacs reboot season 1.
- Monday wasn't too busy at work. We got some good news though: we were selected on a DOT contract and we're pretty pumped. I worked on some other stuff for letters and played games with my friends after work. Katelyn didn't join us because she had a bad headache.
- Tuesday we had a meeting about the new project and dealt with some marketing stuff. I did all my entries for the new data entry order I got. In the evening I put up my canvases on the wall. Also talked to Mom and she said she was up for Thanksgiving even though yesterday she wasn't sure she could pull it off. Meg's family was feeling crappy and Katelyn still hadn't improved so she took her to urgent care and tested her for Covid. But Meg and Brendon had begun coming down with something too. Li'l Benny was fine.
- Wednesday work was pretty slow again so I just did some updates on organization and downloading info for people. I got more subtitling done for Cat's video and tried to make a dent in some built up e-mails. Not very successful. I finally finished the video but processing was taking forever. I took some pictures of my new SU blankets! And I made pumpkin pies--very small ones. Meg's family decided not to do Thanksgiving because they were feeling bad.
- Thursday was pretty good. Day off work. I got up early to bake rolls but they didn't rise properly. (Later I assumed it was probably the fault of the milk I used.) They were okay even though they were dense. Jeaux took me to my mom's and I had assumed she would need a lot of help but she had already managed everything spectacularly! And even made me an egg/cheese soufflé type thing so I could have a main course that wasn't chicken or ham. And there were also potatoes and THREE kinds of vegetables. Good food! The bad thing was that my mom was so exhausted afterwards that she went in her room with her plate and literally didn't wake up for the rest of the night. So Jeaux and I just . . . ate our food, watched some comedy, cleaned up the kitchen and put away her food, and delivered some to Victor before going home. Poor Mom missed the whole night.
- Friday I got up late--it's another day off work. Touched base with Mom who was feeling sad about missing everything but it's not her fault she's chronically ill. I ate Thanksgiving leftovers all day long. Katelyn's test results came back and she has Covid-19. They figured probably everyone else had it too since they had symptoms. Meg went for a rapid test and it came back positive. Spent the day pacing around and talking to her and worrying and trying to get other things done but mostly being distracted by worrying about her family. I did manage to get my Negative One comic done but it was a squeeze.
New Reviews of My Book:
Food Plan Update:
- Thanksgiving was always gonna make a dent in this, but that's natural! I had a "scale got stuck" week until after Thanksgiving when it went up a little bit, and that's no big deal--I'm not upset about it. I'm still feeling really good health-wise and food-wise, satisfied with the options I'm choosing and not going too overboard in either direction.
- Here are this week's charts.
- Finished Reading: Nothing new this week.
This week's karaoke song is "Do You Remember" by Phil Collins. I tried the site's new beta recorder if you notice something different.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0811: "Influential."
My video with Cat hasn't been approved by them yet, sorry, can't post it! That's the reason I didn't post on Saturday--was hoping Cat would have time to review and I would be able to include the video in my roundup, but it didn't happen. Hopefully next week!
|Got the canvas up! Now the guestroom is more Steveny|
|My tiny pie for Thanksgiving|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,295 for swankivy (lost 3), 667 for JulieSondra (lost 2), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 106 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 943 for swankivy (no change), 1,365 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 631 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 73 likes for Negative One (no change), 225 likes for So You Write (no change), 85 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,476 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 209 (no change).