- I got another acceptance for a piece of writing! At the end of February I'll have an article (about asexual stuff, as usual) published in the zine Drunk Monkeys. It's pretty cool.
- I got interviewed by Iris at The Varsity, which will be published the week before Valentine's Day, haha.
- Finished editing my novel Finding Mulligan and am now sharing it with lovely CP Heather.
- Started writing again on Bad Fairy 2. It's kinda slow going because I stopped at a particularly difficult part. But it'll grind into gear probably this weekend.
- Jeaux Day involved a weird restaurant visit that we'd never tried before. It's a smokehouse called 4 Rivers. They put your food right onto the tray instead of on a plate, and the tables are cafeteria seating--like, long tables where you have to be next to strangers. Haha. I ate okra there for the first time. It tasted okay. We saw the season finale of Galavant.
- Madeline on Goodreads gave my book four stars.
- The Asexuality Blog recommends my book to a follower.
- Completed reading: Of Goddess Born by J.C. Fann. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Breaking the Ice by Gail Nall.
New singing performances:
Here I'm singing "Adia" by Sarah McLachlan. I recorded this song a long time ago but that was before I had the better equipment and upgraded account.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0507: "The Easy Answer."
Here's Letters to an Asexual #24, which is about asexual characters (and addresses someone's comment that suggests there's no reason for us to need/want them).
|Me with J.C. Fann's book, complaining about its dysfunctional families|
|The restaurant where they apparently think plates are stupid|
Social media counts:YouTube subscribers: 4,266 for swankivy (5 new this week), 430 for JulieSondra (no change). Twitter followers: 603 for swankivy (lost one OMG), 827 for JulieSondra (12 new but I think they're mostly junk accounts that I'll lose by next week). Facebook: 274 friends (1 new--friended Rory) and 156 followers (no change) for swankivy, 513 likes for JulieSondra (2 new), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 100 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,790 (lost one OMG).