Life news this week:
- Saturday I just hid from the world mostly and made a cake that was supposed to look like it was moldy on purpose. That was a lot of fun, haha! But now I won't know if it's actually gone bad. :/ I finished my blogging, talked to my sister, and did my dishes. Also got some more drawings done for a comic.
- Sunday I did laundry and karaoke as usual. And I made some meringues which I fashioned into a cloud. Talked on the phone to Meg and finished all the drawings for my fan comic. This has been a long time coming--I wrote it over a year ago!
- Monday I was up and working by 8:30. I did a bunch of adjustments to a proposal to add a team member, which meant changing a bunch of stuff throughout. Did some website updates for the company and took a break to go to the post office to send packages. Wrote my usual webcomic and processed the fan comic I was making. Paid my taxes. Got my outlines written for upcoming podcasts. And watched a new episode of SU that got released ahead of the finale.
- Tuesday I baked the smaller cakes for my graduation cake: 4-inch, 6-inch, and 8-inch. Also worked on Negative One drawings. Found out we ranked #1 on another project. Wow! But we still have to do an interview. I made a cake topper out of fondant for my cake. It was a lot of work because I had to dye all the pieces myself. I exchanged funny photos with Meghan and planned food with Jeaux.
- Wednesday I made the large cakes for my graduation cake: the 10-inch cakes. At work I updated Access databases and got more drawings done. Jeaux came over to take me grocery shopping and we made pasta at home while listening to a funny podcast. We watched Owl House and after he left I stayed up super late to finish my Negative One processing.
- Thursday involved a LOT of database work. I was in and out working on it all day, like late into the night, because I wanted the next day off. I also had to take a quick trip to the store to get powdered sugar because I did not have enough to make enough frosting. I talked to my friend Steve and had a weird problem with my garage door that I fixed. I also talked to my mom while drawing a picture for the upcoming Steven Universe finale. And I paid my bills.
- Friday happened. I worked early to submit a proposal and send my boss some reports, and I popped in at the end of the day to send out timesheet reminders and voicemail checks. In between, I posted my webcomic and I made my cake. It had four tiers (each 2 layers) and in between each layer was three kinds of filling. Plus various ribbon decorations and frosting. Wow! And it came out so well and was delicious! I cut two pieces for Jeaux and me. Later he picked me up and took me to his house for the finale of Steven Universe. It wasn't as hard to see it go as I thought, but I still cried of course! (So did he.) We ate our cake and also some frozen food to avoid complications. We talked about the show and then I went home. And just kinda . . . spent the evening taking it all in.
- Concetto Salvatore gave it a five-star review on Goodreads.
- Finished Reading: Nothing this week--I haven't been riding the bus and was too busy to make time for reading.
This week's karaoke song is "Wild Child" by Enya.
A link to my fan comic "Always Be There":
Promo drawing for the episode "The Future":
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0776: "Looking at Us."
|Amethyst on a cloud of meringues|
|Cake topper: Off Colors|
|Cake topper on the top tier!|
|Detail on the graduation cake|
|Overhead view of cake|
|Posing with cake|
|I am so proud|
|Inside the cake|
|Cake after the finale|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,270 for swankivy (no change), 681 for JulieSondra (lost 1), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 88 for Not-So-Giant Women (2 new). Twitter followers: 963 for swankivy (lost 4), 1,357 for JulieSondra (lost 1). Facebook: 300 friends (lost 1--I unfriended someone for racist comments) and 217 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 645 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 162 likes for So You Write (no change), 26 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,498 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 197 (2 new).