Saturday, March 21, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday: March 14 – March 20

Life news this week:
  • Saturday I got a bunch of my work done early on my blog and my planning for my podcast recording. I also managed to make a little bit of fun food before jumping onto the podcast recording. It was a pretty good day.
  • Sunday I had plans with Steve but we decided to cancel because of social distancing. We talked on the phone instead while I made funnel cake! I usually don't like funnel cake but this was surprisingly yummy. Later I made corndogs too so I could use the oil twice. Homemade corndogs are delicious! I did laundry and singing, and got some drawing done too.
  • Monday I started working from home. It was the beginning of one of my most stressful work weeks for some reason! I got up early and went to work online and there was SO much to do. I put on my big girl britches and tackled everything, got a bunch of input done on my contract for District 1, and had to quickly edit and submit a letter at the end of the day. I had to tackle utility stuff and a proposal too. Very hard! I talked to Steve again on the phone while sorting comics I received (mostly for a friend).
  • Tuesday was a bad day. I worked (from home) for a long time entering data for the new contract with District 4. The project manager has quit so I didn't have anyone to ask for help, and though I was able to figure out what to do with some struggling and some researching, I also found out there's a whole second aspect to the submittal that no one told me about (and the ex-manager didn't know about). I also tackled a bunch of hard stuff because when I'm stressed out I just go into overdrive and do All The Things. I had to proofread and coordinate with utilities and deal with a postponed proposal. After I finally got off work I talked to my mom and Meggie to calm down. Then I just did a bunch of fun recipe research.
  • Wednesday was another pretty bad day. For the first half of the day I did the final data entry for my project (wow, entry complete in a day and a half!), and then my boss picked me up to take me to the office because I didn't want to ride public transportation during the virus outbreak. My boss needed me to help produce some proposals. We decided not to reply to a couple opportunities because there were no delivery options that would get us there in time, but I produced one and got it ready for my boss. We also looked at the requirements for the District 4 submittal. Deadline on Friday. Yikes. Then I went home and started a transcript that was needed. Jeaux picked me up and we went grocery shopping carefully. Then we made chili! And I could actually eat it even though I thought I wouldn't be able to! We watched some of the new Brooklyn Nine-Nine season.
  • Thursday was another hard day but not as bad as the previous two. I got up super early to finish the transcript I'd been asked to make, and then took a nap, and then got up to complete a changes list for my data entry and update a tracking chart. Eventually I took off a little early and made some hash browns and later made my own homemade oyster crackers! Victor called me and we chatted while I was cooking. I got most of my art done for my webcomic.
  • Friday was the most stressful day. My boss had figured out what he wanted to do with the deadline and he pulled in one of my other co-workers to help me bust out this data once we figured out what to do with this inventory stuff. We were both uncertain about how to do it but we gave it our best try. (And the other lady had to call me nine times to coordinate because we were both working from home.) But we finished it and got the submittal in before we quit for the day. Whew! So after all that I managed to get a doodle done for the SU episodes in the evening, and Jeaux picked me up. We got takeout pizza and watched the episodes. They were kinda traumatic. Yikes. We talked about the show a bit and went home. I had to finish my comic and then I watched the episodes again and cried a lot. Next week my favorite show is going to be over.
Reading progress:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week--I haven't been riding the bus and was too busy to make time for reading.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Every Breath You Take" by The Police.




    Stuff Drawn:

    Promo drawing for the episode "Fragments":







    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0775: "In Three Dimensions."









    New videos: 

    None!

    New photos:


    Homemade funnel cake!


    Cooking homemade corndogs!

    Corndogs done!


    Amethyst cosplay while eating corndogs! (She likes to eat 4 at once.)

    Homemade chili!

    I put cheese on mine!

    Homemade oyster crackers!

    The cutouts of my oyster crackers.

    Me with my oyster crackers!


    Wearing my Mr. Universe shirt while watching an episode called "Mr. Universe."


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,270 for swankivy (3 new), 682 for JulieSondra (2 new), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 86 for Not-So-Giant Women (2 new). Twitter followers: 967 for swankivy (2 new), 1,358 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 301 friends (no change) and 216 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 644 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 162 likes for So You Write (no change), 26 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,499 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 195 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment