- Saturday I cleaned the kitchen up and posted some pictures and chatted to my friend Jeremy before Sarah got to my house. Sarah and her husband David and I hung out chatting, went to a pizza place to get takeout pizza (and they even took me to get my chlorine, which has been hard for me to get to during open hours), and then we just hung out eating pizza and catching up. We also exchanged some belated gifts. I got a rainbow alpaca and some Amazon gift cards. I gave Sarah a set of library card coasters and a book scarf. After they left I took a nap. When I got up I did my blogging, practiced music, got my steps and recorded Polos, and prepared a storyboard for my webcomic So You Write.
- Sunday the hurricane news started to look dangerous for Tampa Bay, so I used the nervous energy to get a lot done in the house. I did laundry and trash, recorded a karaoke song, drew So You Write, wrote some Not-So-Giant Women outlines, recorded some new audio for the outro of our second season, ordered my last supplies for Halloween costumes, talked to a party guest about food sensitivities, practiced music, and listened to Polos. Meggie was giving me updates on her wonderful weekend.
- Monday I was getting a lot of nervous texts from my mom about the hurricane so I had to make plans about what to do if we had to go into hiding. Halfway through the day a mandatory evacuation came through for where Jeaux lives because he was close to the water and storm surge can be dangerous. So he made plans to evacuate and come to my house. I knocked out a letter at work and spent a bunch of time on news (and watching The Office). Had to move some stuff in the garage so Jeaux could get his car inside, and then I took all my patio furniture inside for the storm. He came over in the evening and we played games with the group. Jeaux and I watched Infinity Train and I drew some of my Negative One comic ahead of time anticipating possibly not having internet or power. I fell asleep sitting up in my chair and later on my floor for a while before going to bed.
- Tuesday I had trouble sleeping so I spent the day really tired. Worked all day on traffic memos, Word documents that weren't cooperating, and utility stuff. Jeaux worked remotely sitting in my kitchen and he had meetings during the day too. We had a nice day together and took a walk. The hurricane situation continued to look better and better for Tampa but we weren't ready to breathe a sigh of relief yet. We decided after the 8 PM advisory that we would go into hiding at my mom's house the next day. I packed a bag. I finished and processed the comic.
- Wednesday we got up early and Mom picked us up. I had to bring my plants inside just before leaving. We worked from her house but not a lot was going on for me so I did some project manager reports. Mom fed us well and I got coffee, eggs, a bagel, hummus and chips and carrots, and for dinner I helped make a chicken parmesan thing for Jeaux and I ate an alfredo broccoli pasta, with corn on the cob and some carrot cake afterwards. Mom was sleeping a lot but we still got to hang out a bit. I talked to my friend Jeremy and coached him on some writing stuff. Jeaux and I did some walking inside the house and got our steps in discussing New York plans and reading silly things to each other. The hurricane caused rain all day and some gusts and a lot of tree damage, but we didn't lose power. The news that came in from Naples and Fort Myers was horrifying--the storm hit them down south and spared Tampa Bay. It continued east across the state while we slept.
- Thursday we tried to go back to the house as the danger had passed, but my house turned out to not have electricity, so we went back to Mom's and ate bagels and worked from her house another whole day. I had to go to an insurance meeting but not much else happened. I took a walk by myself while Jeaux was busy and updated Meghan on the situation. When we decided to go home in the afternoon after work, Mom took us and my electricity was back. My app had said the internet would be out but it wasn't! But my electric was out long enough that my refrigerated and frozen food was all ruined. We tried to go out and replace it but the stores were all closed. We got Italian food at Mandola's. And my garage door has decided to stop working so we had to figure out how to open it manually. After Jeaux left my computer wasn't working and I had to call him for tech support after all this. And it turned out my computer was fine but my MOUSE wasn't working right. Wow! I bought some Amazon stuff with my cards from Sarah and one of those things was a new mouse. :)
- Friday was back to normal work. I did some upcoming project reports and helped with a drainage memo. I did some unpacking and cleaning up and laundry and put some things back where they're supposed to go. Tony my lawn maintenance person came and started cleaning up my yard so I went out there to help him because there was debris everywhere. We got four trashcans full and put it at the streetside like a bulletin from the City had said to do. I put my patio furniture and all that back out too. Afterwards I posted both my comics and everything was on time and accounted for. And I tried to catch the frog in my garage again but he does not want to be caught. Went to bed super early (like 10:30) again. Also, I found out I sold another short story!
Health Plan Update:
- Weight stuff: Stress and disrupted schedules have led to unusual lows this week. I don't know if I'll be able to keep it but I'll take it for now. High weight: 118.1. Low weight: 116.1.
- Nutrition stuff: Too much caffeine this week. And too much bread and pasta because it's what was available. Not enough fruit or vegetables, though I did end up being able to use up my spinach before hurricane days so I drank those good smoothies a couple days in a row. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
- Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. It's been extremely easy lately because I have been walking while updating people and also walking while practicing music so there's a LOT of walking. My low day was Sunday at 10,471 steps, and my high day was Friday at 17,000 steps.
- Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
- Currently reading: You Too? by Janet Gurtler. I'm on page 64.
This week's karaoke song is "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel.
|Working at Mom's|
|Gusts from Hurricane Ian|
|Eating out after Hurricane Ian|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,427 for swankivy (1 new), 676 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 152 for Not-So-Giant Women (2 new). Twitter followers: 909 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,433 for JulieSondra (3 new). Facebook: 294 friends for swankivy (no change), 639 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 238 likes for So You Write (1 new), 91 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (lost 1). Tumblr followers: 2,445 (no change). Instagram followers: 244 (lost 2).