Sunday, December 25, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday (but posted on Sunday!): December 17 – December 23

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had omelets with Meggie and she and I went out to the Henry B. Plant Museum to see the exhibits and Christmas trees, and then we went to the Society Wine Bar to meet up with Adam. We stayed there for a couple hours eating yummy flatbreads and appetizers and some of us trying the drinks. And it was especially nice to finally meet Adam. Afterwards we went back to my place and Meg helped me redecorate for the holidays, and we also watched the Weird Al documentary.

  • Sunday Meggie and I finished our search for the perfect vacation house for our March trip and we found a beautiful 8 bedroom/5 bathroom house to rent. Looks like we're going to Orlando. After breakfast and wrapping things up she left and I jumped into laundry and trash duties. Got frustrated at the neighbors for playing loud music. Ate too much hummus. Did a karaoke song and did my blogging a day later than usual.

  • Monday I had two letters to deal with AND we had a new employee whom I helped with onboarding. We had an issue with our internet going out that messed with our deadline! But we made it. After work, I put away laundry and played games with my friends, and we showed the vacation house to them. We're going to have so much fun.

  • Tuesday the internet access was back to normal at work. Did more work helping the new employee and went to a meeting and an interview discussion. After work I did some walking and made some cookie dough. Watched some reactions and drew some of my comic.

  • Wednesday I did some backed up reports and updated some data entry stuff. Also had two meetings. And got assigned to do a transcript. After work Jeaux picked me up for grocery shopping (a big one since I'm having a party). Then we ordered food from Mr. Dunderbak's and watched our Colbert skits and took a walk.

  • Thursday I had meetings, document cleanup, and a transcript to do. After work, I made the cookies from the dough I made and refrigerated, then made two more types of cookies. And got all my comic drawings done.

  • Friday I baked another cookie in the morning and then Jeaux came over to help me make the gingerbread roll cake. He did a great job and we took a walk. Then we frosted the cake when it was cool. He left and I brought my plants inside because a freeze was coming. I finished posting my comic and made a quiche. Then I was able to relax.

Articles, Interviews, Mentions:

New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Well, this is not the time of year I'm expecting to make any progress! I'm not throwing moderation to the wind or anything but there are definitely celebrations (and leftovers) I am not going to be passing up to see a better number on the scale. That said, this week was a little better than last, too. High weight: 119.0. Low weight: 118.3.
  • Nutrition stuff: Lots of goodies this week means I was looking at a high-fat diet. Meggie visited and so we had restaurant food and snacks; Jeaux and I had special food for Hanukkah; and I had a bunch of baking to eat dough and test cookies. It's a lot of sugar and butter and cheese this week, and not enough greens really. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Saturday at 10,131 steps, and my high day was Sunday at 15,303 steps.
Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: You Too? by Janet Gurtler. I'm on page 164.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head" by They Might Be Giants.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0919: "What's Around Us." 






    Videos Made:

    None.

    New photos:

    Henry B. Plant Museum with Meg

    With Meggie in front of a tree!
    First night of Hanukkah

    Went with Meggie and met Adam!


    Potato Pancakes with Jeaux


    Christmas pinwheels

    Peanut butter kiss cookies

    Snowball cookies

    Espresso crackle cookies

    Gingerbread Roll Cake with Maple Cinnamon Frosting

    Broccoli Cheese Crustless Quiche



    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,408 for swankivy (lost 2), 677 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 168 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 61 for Tides of Time Band (1 new). Twitter followers: 880 for swankivy (lost 2), 3,407 for JulieSondra (8 new). Hive Social: 26 followers (no change). Post: 2 for juliesondra (no change). Facebook: 296 friends for swankivy (1 new, friended Adam), 637 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 240 likes for So You Write (2 new), 93 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,439 (no change). Instagram followers: 251 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment