Saturday, December 3, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: November 26 – December 2

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I spent the day eating Thanksgiving leftovers, blogging, practicing music, making a Letters to an Asexual video and experimenting with a new video editing program (Shotcut), and editing Jeremy's book.

  • Sunday was an early day because of band practice. Dad picked me up and we had a good practice with some of the songs we hadn't mastered yet (and even had a good experience trying out a song we'd never done before!). We ate sushi afterwards and when I got home I took a nap, did laundry, took out trash, looked at Twitter nonsense, edited for Jeremy, talked to my neighbors about a fence, wrote a storyboard for So You Write, and worked on one of my books.

  • Monday was kind of slow for a Monday, but I still got some built-up stuff done. We usually have letters due on Monday but the schedule for letters was all moved around because of holidays. I drew the lineart for my So You Write comic and worked on a new Not-So-Giant Women video with the new video editor. Played games with my friends and finished coloring the comic. Finished editing for Jeremy.

  • Tuesday I worked on some support documents for a shortlist package and wrapped up my editing for Jeremy. Sent him the comments and he kept sending me comments on my comments so I ended up spending more time on it than I meant to. Posted my comic and worked on NSGW. There's a bit of a learning curve on this new video editor.

  • Wednesday I worked on a chart and some reports. I had more comments from Jeremy so more dialogue with him about the book. Jeaux and I got Five Guys food and watched Colbert, took a walk, and talked about literature. And I took a cool photo of my updated plushies collection.

  • Thursday I went to a meeting and did some reports. I had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon but they had to reschedule me because I hadn't had labs. (I was never given an appointment to come to labs, but they said I had just "not shown up" and so they couldn't see me for a physical. Somehow I got two voicemails, two e-mails, and two texts about my appointment but nothing about the previous appointment they insist I "missed." I am not someone who forgets appointments and it wasn't in my calendar, so I don't know what their issue was. Also while I was there, I heard someone else on the phone having the EXACT SAME ISSUE with another patient who had to be rescheduled because they "didn't come to" a lab appointment they hadn't known about. Yeah I think there were some scheduling hijinks.) In the evening I texted with my sister Lindsay about holiday plans and worked on my NSGW video.

  • Friday I had to do timesheets and reports plus some utility stuff. Mom came over part-way through the day and asked for help buying some clothes she wanted online, but couldn't tell me where she'd seen them, so I had to go through her browsing history. I recommend that people not go through their mothers' browser history. It was unwise. That is all I'll say. After she left I finished up work, finished my comic, did some Polos, and sang karaoke.

New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Kinda seems like the scale went down a teeny bit and then just stayed there. No big deal! It is what it is. High weight: 119.0. Low weight: 118.3.
  • Nutrition stuff: I've been eating a lot of the same stuff every day. Not enough fruits and vegetables to be honest. A lot of starchy foods, though I got some carrots in a couple days this week (with dip, lol). But I'm doing okay on protein most days. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Thursday at 10,042 steps, and my high day was Wednesday at 13,439 steps.
Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: You Too? by Janet Gurtler. I'm on page 164.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Marlene on the Wall" by Suzanne Vega.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic So You Write Issue 0138: "Previous Self." 








    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0916: "Everyone Starts Somewhere." 






    Videos Made:

    Letters to an Asexual #97 ("No romance? Your parents didn't hug you!") is out. In this letter, a man hits me up for romance while confessing he's a virgin, and when I'm not interested in romance, he tells me I'm clearly "stone-hearted" and damaged because my parents didn't give me enough affection. Anything to avoid the issue being on their end!



    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 55: Say Uncle is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Say Uncle" and cover such topics as whether Daria plans to seek out and watch Uncle Grandpa, the lol-random humor, the best joke in the episode, the one-Steve limit, the Crystal Gems' desire to murder Uncle Grandpa, our opinion of crossovers in general, the fan reception of the episode, background for why the crossover was made, Pearl's freakouts, and shipping Lion with Giant Realistic Flying Tiger.



    New photos:

    Updated plushies collection
    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,411 for swankivy (lost 7), 675 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 168 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new), 59 for Tides of Time Band (1 new). Twitter followers: 886 for swankivy (lost 3), 3,402 for JulieSondra (lost 9)--still lots of people leaving Twitter this week. Hive Social: It's offline temporarily fixing security issues, so I don't know the status. Post: 2 for juliesondra (1 new). Facebook: 295 friends for swankivy (no change), 636 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 237 likes for So You Write (lost 1), 92 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,439 (no change). Instagram followers: 249 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment