Life news this week:
- Saturday I didn't do much for once and it was a relief to just kind of be a slob. I did a little cleaning, chatted to Meghan on the phone, and finished some sketches. Also took some silly photos in one of my costumes.
- Sunday I got a lot done instead of lying around all day. I ate my lunch outside at my patio furniture and got a bunch of mail answered. Then did laundry and showered and did my karaoke and made a new video for my asexuality channel. Also made a ridiculous recipe based on a Steven Universe episode.
- Monday I worked on a letter for District 6 and posted news about toys. After work I had some text conversations with Mom and Victor and finished a drawing.
- Tuesday I gathered photos of airport signs for my co-worker, then after work I got picked up by my friend Arthur and we picked up some Thai food, went to my house, and watched episodes 44 through 53 of Steven Universe. Which means Arthur got to see the finale of the first season. (He asked to watch it twice. It . . . does things to people.) After he left I didn't really do anything.
- Wednesday was more work. I finally finished looking at airport signs. After work Jeaux picked me up and we ate at Moe's, went shopping, and I checked my PO box for the first time in a while and in it was an eleven-page letter from someone who read my "groundbreaking book" and wrote to tell me some thoughts on it. Neat. Jeaux and I watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine on TV and after he left I was tired so I accomplished nothing.
- Thursday I had a slow day at work updating stats on marketing stuff. I also went to the health food store on a break and talked very briefly to my sister on the phone. (I had to keep her entertained while she waited for the car wash.) After work I went home and had a media interview on the phone, and I made something called an Everything Bagel Dog which is (surprise!) inspired by Steven Universe. It's like you make an everything bagel out of a hot dog bun and I ate a veggie dog in it. After all that I also finally got my video subtitled.
- Friday I worked, drew comics, and paid bills. After I got home, I had Mom over and finally we got the curtains up. We also ate some sandwiches and got to hang out and watch silly YouTube videos. I got a lot of stuff done that I didn't expect to get done! Hooray.
- r804 gave it a four-star review on Amazon UK.
Articles, Interviews, mentions:
- This reddit comment has someone recommending my book and saying it helped them accept their orientation.
- Finished this week: I only have about two chapters left of my current read. I swear I'm not a slacker, guys!
- Currently reading: Microserfs by Douglas Coupland.
This week's song was "Past the Mission" by Tori Amos.
|Gems on the beach! On towels that depict the Pride flag.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0685: "Meet Your Baby."
Letters to an Asexual #59 is about someone saying I didn't have the credentials to discuss asexuality in the context I am because I am not a scientist.
|A horrible pile of noodles in the shape of a face|
|Arthur understands the meaning of my shirt now.|
|Everything Bagel Dog, Steven-approved!|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,280 for swankivy (no change), 674 for JulieSondra (2 new). Twitter followers: 949 for swankivy (1 new), 1,324 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 205 followers (3 new) for swankivy, 654 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 56 likes for Negative One (no change), 136 likes for So You Write (lost 2). Tumblr followers: 2,522 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 145 (no change).