Life news this week:
- Saturday my boss called to help finish up a package that needed to go out, but then he took care of it on his own and I ended up going back to sleep for like five hours. Too much sleep! I got up after that and wrote down some notes for my podcast. My sister P called and we talked for a bit while I did some dusting. I managed to get some blog stuff written down but didn't finish before podcasting started. Daria and I covered episodes 41 and 42 of Steven Universe ("Horror Club" and "Winter Forecast"), and that was the end of my night.
- Sunday I had a lazy day and got my unfinished blogging done. I also called Meggie while cleaning up some messes and let her get some rants off her chest. I did some ranting too, haha. I ate a potato, sang karaoke, and did my usual Sunday chores, including cleaning off the outdoor table.
- Monday I was still dragging in the morning. Sleep is all messed up. I received my early copy of the Beach-A-Palooza card battling game that will be out at the end of the year, and looked through the package enjoying all the game notes and card art. After work I listened to Night Vale while doing some filing and dusting. Also had an Internet argument. Yay.
- Tuesday my co-workers decided not to chase a proposal I was working on so the day was freed for my data entry project. After work I was dusting a shelf--I had been anticipating receiving a visit from my dad and was hoping to use the shelves for putting new photo albums there--and one of the shelves tilted and all the stuff fell off and I had to clean up broken glass so that wasn't so fun. Afterwards I vacuumed in there in case there was glass in the rug, and after I talked to my sister P and we just ended up talking until 6 in the morning. We have to steal sister time sometimes. :D
- Wednesday I woke up at the typical time despite the late night, did some work, talked to my lawn maintenance person, did some more work, took a nap, and went to the grocery store with Jeaux. We made sandwiches and watched Kipo and ended up playing the Card Battling Game. It was fun but we were really unlucky in the beginning because we got really hard monsters to fight, and didn't know the game isn't usually that hard. After he left I went to bed!
- Thursday I did data entry at work. It's nice because I can listen to music while I do it. After work I drew comics while talking to Victor. This time he didn't fall asleep. :) I ate tater tots and hard boiled eggs for dinner. Weirdo!
- Friday I finished the data entry for my project. After work I drew the rest of my webcomic, posted it, and watched reactions.
Articles, interviews, mentions:
- Slate's "How to do it" column answered several questions for write-in problems and one of their writers contacted me for "expert advice." This story is about a woman who has begun to identify as asexual in her perimenopausal stage because of lack of interest in sex, and now wants to know what to think about the fact that she's suddenly having erotic dreams. You can read my response to "Heat of the Moment".
New reviews of my book:
- Julia gave it a five-star review on Goodreads.
- I bought some salad and an assortment of fun dressings to make my salad more of an adventure. This will be a nice way to get some more greens into my diet. Along with the broccoli I bought. But I'm eating too many tortillas. I mean, just a tortilla, warmed up. Sometimes that's breakfast. Yum!
- Finished Reading: Nothing, paused on reading projects right now!
This week's karaoke song is "Lucky Star" by Madonna.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0789: "Several Unprecedented Things."
None this week!
|Showing my Appa plushie to my nephew. (He has just begun watching the|
show this guy is from. He was impressed.)
|Card battling game!|
|Playing the card game!|
|New starry scarf!|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,278 for swankivy (6 new), 675 for JulieSondra (1 new), 16 for v & V Vids (no change), 101 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 954 for swankivy (no change), 1,353 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 297 friends (overall no change, but I lost and gained 1 friend; I unfriended someone who was already kinda on probation from me after he said something wacky about ~unreasonable~ female behavior, and I accepted a friend request from a person looking for asexuality advice) and 220 followers (no change) for swankivy, 635 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 61 likes for Negative One (no change), 159 likes for So You Write (no change), 81 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,480 (1 new). Instagram followers: 205 (lost 1).