Life news this week:
- Saturday I slept super late--must've needed it. Started my day with oatmeal, coffee, and a nice walk. I got my blogging done in between talking to my sister on Polo and doing a fun walk-aerobics video that Meghan recommended for me. I also tried a pair of blue-light blocking glasses. I stayed up all night writing most of an e-mail saga I'm going to send to Cara, but I couldn't finish.
- Sunday was another late wake-up, unsurprisingly. More oatmeal and coffee to start the day, and I chatted with Jeaux on the phone. He was still not feeling 100% right so he decided to go get a test for the virus. I took my walks and got harassed again by a dude in a truck this time. Spent the rest of the day on laundry, cleaning the outside table, and karaoke. Also started rereading old work logs from the bookstore days. In the evening, I interviewed a new ace volunteer named Cat. Nice long interview because we had a lot of digressions.
- Monday I was up reasonably early editing a letter for my boss. Found out our interview landed us in second place for that job we were after, so boo. Jeaux had his virus test. After work I played DDR and then played games with my friends. The server kept going out so we played Cards Against Humanity instead of our Jackbox games.
- Tuesday we had a meeting at work and it turns out we're closing our office to move to a smaller one because we're set up to do this work from home thing for as long as we need to and it'll be better for our purpose. We've got to pack up our stuff and ready it for the movers by the end of next month. I don't really have stuff there so I won't worry too much about it. Also found out one of my co-workers had and recovered from COVID. What a shock. I also talked to another co-worker on the phone and after work did Skype with Jeaux so we could watch Owl House. Also, I met someone on Tumblr who wanted to hear a limited release Steven Universe demo track that was only on certain vinyl releases, so I played it for them on a Zoom meeting.
- Wednesday I woke up after having fallen asleep on the couch like a dork. Had a very busy work day reformatting everyone's business cards and updating resumes because of the address change, and doing some stuff for new employees. (We're partnering with another firm in Connecticut and they needed resumes.) My computer kept lagging and I just had a really rough day. But Jeaux got his virus results and he was negative, and since he also felt fine he decided to come over after work. We had our usual grocery run and watching of silliness (we enjoyed some Colbert monologues), and we ate seitan tacos. I also chatted more with the Steven Universe fan on Tumblr about merchandise.
- Thursday I prepared some reports at work, but it was a relatively slow day. At least my connection to the office computer stopped lagging. The person on Tumblr I'd been talking to asked if I could do them a favor and buy a rare item on eBay for them and send it to them when they would have the money in a couple weeks. I figured I can do that since if they don't/can't pay after all I'm sure I can resell it. But then they kept increasing the amount they'd be willing to pay and wanting to add more items for me to buy and I was like, hold your horses kid. Wonder where this is gonna end up. I talked to Victor on the phone and got some drawing done.
- Friday I finished my database stuff and reports pretty early--having a database day is nice since I can listen to music while populating it. The person I helped with the eBay bid developed more complications with how they'll be able to pay me back so even if this turns out okay I'm really not down to do anything else. After work I had to work fast to get my webcomic up because I made it a little longer than usual, but I got it done and got some walks in too. And I edited an ace interview video (with Maxwell!) while drawing the comic. Not a bad week.
Food Plan Update:
- Welp! Two months on the plan. Good news: I'm down five pounds. Applause please.
Bad news: There isn't really any bad news except that I feel like this is going slower than I expected? But I am a small person and a pound is a lot of me compared to most other people.
I like the oatmeal breakfasts still, and I seem to have more variety in my diet now than I did before.
Since it's the end of the month, I have a cool activity breakdown for you.
- Finished Reading: Nothing, paused on reading projects right now!
This week's karaoke song is "Mary Jane" by Alanis Morissette.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0798: "Having His Say."
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,302 for swankivy (3 new), 671 for JulieSondra (lost 4), 16 for v & V Vids (no change), 101 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 945 for swankivy (no change), 1,354 for JulieSondra (lost 4). Facebook: 297 friends (1 new, accepted a friend request from a friend of a friend) for swankivy, 632 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 62 likes for Negative One (no change), 162 likes for So You Write (no change), 84 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,477 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 203 (1 new).