Life news this week:
- Saturday Meghan was staying with me. We had breakfast and hung out; I did my blogging and she did some studying. Then we drove to Sarasota for Connie's party, where I got to see my dad's band play for the first time. (They even invited me to sing with them!) Meg and I got a bunch of good food and had a lovely time. We went home and had some more cake and zonked out.
- Sunday Meghan and I went shopping and ate at a Japanese restaurant for lunch, and we watched Space Ghost to bring back old memories. After she left, I got a bunch of stuff done: learned and covered a song, made lemonade, did laundry, did a karaoke song, and made protein bars and pine tea.
- Monday it was cold but I rode the bus. Finished my reports and timesheets at work. Wrote a letter to a friend and scolded people who suck on the Internet. Spent a lot of time just huddling under an electric blanket because I was too cold.
- Tuesday I took Lyft to work because it was cold. We did two letters. I also discussed trading cards with others and made a very weird meal that was made to look like a dead purple alien. (It was made of Tofurky and plantains. With purple gravy.) Definitely the weirdest cartoon dish yet. I finally put on the heat and fell asleep early.
- Wednesday I took Lyft to work because of coldness and lateness. Did business development stuff. Reviewed Steven Universe ongoing comic #36. Went out with Jeaux to eat at Bob Evans, grocery shopped, and talked about jerks. We watched Owl House and I slept early.
- Thursday I took Lyft to work because of laziness. I did marketing stuff and a bit of utility stuff. Argued with people on Reddit. Talked to Victor on the phone after work and drew my comic. He had an interview!
- Friday I did Lyft again. I need to stop being lazy. I made a huge sandwich in the morning and took some to work with me. I did business development stuff and research. Came home and finished my comic. Didn't get a lot else done.
Interviews, articles, mentions:
- Anomaly on Medium compiles 3 books about asexuality for your 2020 reading list, which features my book with a lengthy review.
- Finished Reading: Steven Universe ongoing comic #36. Four-star review.
- Finished Reading: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. Five-star review.
This week's karaoke song is "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by Chantal Kreviazuk.
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0767: "Big Wild Girl."
A wonky cover of "Other Friends" is posted on my unlisted YouTube. It's a ukulele cover. Listen to "Other Friends"!
|My dad's band!|
|My selfie after recording a Steven Universe ukulele cover|
|Homemade protein bars!|
|Tofurky alien with purple gravy. Was delicious!|
|Cold at work with a cute hat|
|Autographed card collection COMPLETE!!!|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,270 for swankivy (no change), 685 for JulieSondra (1 new), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 78 for Not-So-Giant Women (3 new). Twitter followers: 970 for swankivy (no change), 1,356 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 298 friends (1 new--friended Luke, a trading card friend) and 211 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 649 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 162 likes for So You Write (no change), 25 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,505 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 196 (no change).