Life news this week:
- Saturday I had a lot of pictures to process and some blogging to do, so I worked on that. I drew a promo doodle for the last two episodes of SU for 2019. Jeaux picked me up and took me to Moe's for food, then to his house for cartoons. They were great episodes. Then we did some grocery shopping and went back to my house. I updated some Internet stuff and went to sleep.
- Sunday I cleaned up some clutter I'd let sit around the house all week while talking to Meg on the phone. I spent most of the day rereading old journal stuff so I could make a more accurate year-end post for my survey, but it really did end up stealing most of my day. I also took out trash, did dishes, did karaoke, did laundry, and worked on a podcast outline.
- Monday I got up super early to finish my podcast outline, and had to work after so I took a paid ride because I'm lazy. Did some stuff for upcoming letters and played around with e-mail. At home we recorded the podcast for "Onion Trade" and "Steven the Sword Fighter." Nice long discussions. Also got some of my So You Write doodles done and spent most of the time after the podcast arguing with buttholes online.
- Tuesday I got up early to finish So You Write and record/process a new Letters to an Asexual video. I like to have one of each of those done per month and I had not done either for December, so it was crunch time. Then I went back to bed for a few hours, got up and went to work, and played with a new bid tracking utility. When I went home I finished my subtitles and reconnected with someone I talked to a long time ago on SU Amino. Went to Mom's house for New Year's Eve and we lit sparklers and ate ice cream with P, Y, and A.
- Wednesday was New Year's Day so I didn't have to work. I prepared a bunch of stuff for our breakfast for dinner celebration, so when my family arrived it was mostly about just making the waffles and cooking the potatoes. We had a lovely time eating our breakfast food (waffles, eggs, sautéed mushrooms, strawberries, grapes, fake bacon, tater tots, and homemade biscuits!). Then afterwards we played with nephew Ash and read a couple books. We played fort with pillows and threw a ball at each other and Ash dressed up like a clown. It was adorbs.
- Thursday I had work again. I worked on a letter most of the day--one of the long ones that required a lot of reading. Then I worked on my webcomic while talking to Victor, and not much else.
- Friday I had to do some updated data at work and some upcoming projects reports for my boss. After work I finished my comic and didn't do much else. One awesome thing that happened was I found THREE of the five rare comics I'm still missing. Three of them!!! Very excited that I might actually complete this collection someday. My grandmother would have been 90 today!
- Finished this week: 45 Pounds by K.A. Barson. Four-star review.
This week's karaoke song is "Holding Back the Years" by Simply Red.
|Promo doodle for "Little Graduation" and "Prickly Pair."|
Webcomic So You Write Issue 103: "Undiscovered Genius."
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0764: "Hung Up."
Letters to an Asexual #74 is out. It's about someone who thinks my many interests and talents are a sign that I'm desperate to fill a void.
|Ash plays with his mommy|
|Yusuke sparkler! New Year's Eve!|
|Ice cream with Mom!|
|Ice cream with Ash!|
|Cooking Breakfast for Dinner on New Year's Day!|
|The head chef!|
|More Poop Ball with Ash|
|Ash with poop ball|
|He makes a cute clown.|
Social Media Counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,271 for swankivy (4 new), 683 for JulieSondra (1 new), 18 for v & V Vids (2 new), 70 for Not-So-Giant Women (3 new). Twitter followers: 968 for swankivy (lost 8), 1,353 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 295 friends (no change) and 206 followers (lost 1) for swankivy, 650 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 162 likes for So You Write (no change), 24 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,506 (no change). Instagram followers: 190 (no change).