Saturday, December 31, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: December 24 – December 30

Life news this week:

  • Saturday was my Christmas Eve party. Before everyone got here I arranged a fruit platter and cookie platter. Mom was early (I know!) and she brought a chicken. Jeaux came next and Lindsay and Mike arrived after. We had kind of a while to still cook so we spent a bunch of time in the kitchen and then played some Cards Against Humanity while waiting for the potatoes to cook. Finally we had our meal and it was not as good as I wanted mainly because I didn't get everything the right temperature at mealtime. After, we opened presents (we all gave and got some really nice stuff!) and then I served dessert--four kinds of cookies and a gingerbread roll. We hung out a bit and then Lindsay and Mike had to go back to the in-laws' to take care of dogs. After they left Jeaux helped me with some cleanup and then after he left he had to come back to find his lost phone (which ended up being found on top of my fridge where I would never see it). Heh.

  • Sunday was Christmas and I spent it by myself. My mom had said she was going to come by to get leftover cookies but she didn't come. It was really nice to have a quiet day. I did four loads of laundry and took inventory of my gifts and sent thank-yous to people. I also ate too many cookies and read old webcomics in between putting clothes away.

  • Monday I had off work. I got my Letters to an Asexual video recorded and got my So You Write comic written, drawn, and then inked and colored during game night. I continued reading old comics and had a nice nap. Mom didn't come over to get cookies this day either. I managed to get most of my walking in after game night because I had a lazy day.

  • Tuesday I returned to work but there wasn't a ton of built-up work. We had another new guy to help onboard. I worked on my reports, took a nap, uploaded my video, and completed my Christmas 2022 photo album on my site. Also practiced music and hid from the cold.

  • Wednesday I did some more reports and worked on a letter at work. Later I took a nap and cleaned up the house a little. Jeaux came over and we ate at Five Guys and watched the Weird Al "documentary." We also took a walk and I started working on reading through an upcoming asexuality book that I will blurb.

  • Thursday involved a long planning meeting (two and a half hours!) and I also worked on reports and teaming requests for our upcoming marketing efforts. Took another nap and read more of the ace book. I put my plants back outside now that the cold has subsided. Talked to Jeremy about his publishing plans. Worked on my webcomic and took some silly photos of toys.

  • Friday I spent the day outlining a proposal we later decided not to chase, working on timesheets, working on reports, and dealing with teaming stuff. After work I finished my comic, squeezed in my walking afterwards, and took some very involved silly photos of toys acting out a song.
Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Again: this is not the time of year I'm expecting to make any progress! I'm not throwing moderation to the wind or anything but there are definitely celebrations (and leftovers) I am not going to be passing up to see a better number on the scale. High weight: 120.2. Low weight: 119.5.
  • Nutrition stuff: Gobbling up holiday meals and leftover cookies has wrecked my nutrition. I haven't had a spinach smoothie all freaking week. I'm doing okay with still getting enough protein and have had some fruit, but the incorporation of veggies into my diet (outside of carrots with dip) has been lackluster. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week, but many days it was barely. My low day was Monday at 10,005 steps, and my high day was Wednesday at 10,847 steps.
Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: You Too? by Janet Gurtler. I'm on page 164.
  • Currently readingAce Notes by Michele Kirichanskaya. I'm on page 45.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Clocks" by Coldplay.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0920: "At the Table." 






    Videos Made:

    Letters to an Asexual #98 ("No attraction? Nah, there's more to this than what you're admitting.") is out. This is #98 of a series in which I read correspondence between me and people who have questions, comments, or--more often--misconceptions about asexuality. In this video, I read a real-time conversation between me and a man who thinks I definitely used to experience sexual attraction but something happened and therefore I'm in denial.



    New photos:

    There's a whole Christmas Eve 2022 album if you want to see all the images, but they're basically all food! A couple highlights though:

    Cookie platter

    My dessert plate

    Christmas Eve Group

    Last day of Hanukkah

    The Oodie (gift from Ronni!)


    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,404 for swankivy (lost 4), 677 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 169 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new), 65 for Tides of Time Band (4 new). Twitter followers: 879 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,405 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Hive Social: 26 followers (no change). Post: 2 for juliesondra (no change). Facebook: 296 friends for swankivy (no change, but I do have 1 new friend from a SU group, so someone must have also defriended me as well. I hope it was one of the people who read a recent post I made about not wanting to be friends with people who don't believe transgender people), 637 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 240 likes for So You Write (no change), 93 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,437 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 254 (3 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment