Saturday, November 14, 2020

Personal Digest Saturday: November 7 – November 13

Life news this week:

  • Ended up putting off my blogging stuff most of the day despite my best intentions because I was pretty distracted by election news. Seems like the election has been called and Joe Biden is President-Elect. Besides paying attention to all kinds of fallout from this and doing my walking and talking to people through text and telephone, I did some fun collages of my Steven Universe food and posted them online.

  • Sunday I got laundry done and did some really fun karaoke. Also did some budget stuff and took a walk and got whistled at by a dork in a truck. And I read and watched election-related stuff because how can you not.

  • Monday work wasn't busy like I thought it would be--had a pretty slow day and just had to make an organizational chart for a proposal. After work I decided it is time to start querying agents again. (It's been a while. But I have multiple finished books that I think are good enough and why sit on them any longer?) I know it's a little bit strange but I had a GREAT time researching and pitching some agents. I find it fun even though most authors hate this part. I also took a look at some website stuff to make my author site more accurate for the present. We did not do our usual game night because Meggie was sick.

  • Tuesday I got caught in the rain trying to walk. :D Talked to my sister on Polo and did more website updates. One of my writer friends volunteered to refer me to her agent after she found out I was querying and I decided that was a cool idea! (I'm not gonna post the details of the querying adventure on my blog though.) For some reason I had a lot of incidents today where people were talking to me like I'm incompetent and don't know what I'm talking about, even though there was no good reason for that. Oh and my coworker asked me to start taking training on Final Estimates, so I started the training.

  • Wednesday I had to spend all day on the training. It was already long but it became even longer because I'm not good at math and there was a lot of math. (I'm not talking arithmetic. I'm talking like "In constructing a circular curve for a driveway as outlined, the center line radius is 125 feet, the delta of the curve is 11.5917 degrees and the roadway width is 30 feet. With these dimensions, what is the length of the centerline to the nearest foot?" Good lord. Not a good day for someone who got a D in College Algebra. Anyway, we also got hit by a hurricane. (The math was a way worse part of my day.) Hurricane Eta was a tropical storm by the time it dumped a bunch of rain and wind on me but despite all the loud noises of stuff falling on my house, I don't think anything got busted. I elected not to go shopping with Jeaux so I talked to Victor instead and switched Jeaux day to Thursday.

  • Thursday I was super busy at work dealing with resumes for a proposal and for a submittal to another team. I kept getting new stuff to do and it was just go-go-go all day. Jeaux came over and we went to the store, and dinner was stir-fry that wasn't very good sadly. We hung out and went on a walk after eating. We didn't watch anything except some silly videos and Colbert news.

  • Friday was also busy with the same stuff as the day before. After work I had to get all my drawing done for the comic and when I had a little time at the end of the night I got some materials together for agent stuff. I'm happy with how the adventure is going so far!

New Reviews of My Book:

Food Plan Update:

  • I'm going to try to look more into the "micronutrients" and the breakdown of the vitamins to make sure I am getting the nutrients I should. The new app thing I'm using gives me all this data if I look for it, and it looks like I'm consistently low in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Potassium, and Iron. I also usually have high sodium. I feel like if I just add a salad or green vegetable and one serving of fruit each day, I will have less trouble with this.

  • I had a weirdly consistent week. The scale went down half a pound and then stayed there all week, didn't go up or down.

  • Here are this week's charts.



Reading progress:

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Ghost" by Indigo Girls.



    Stuff Drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0809: "He Wants."






    New videos: 

    None this week.


    New photos:

    Peace y'all


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,297 for swankivy (no change), 669 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 106 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 944 for swankivy (3 new), 1,363 for JulieSondra (2 new). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (1 new, accepted a friend request from a friend's daughter), 631 likes for JulieSondra (3 new), 73 likes for Negative One (no change), 226 likes for So You Write (3 new), 84 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,480 (no change). Instagram followers: 209 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment