Saturday, August 20, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: August 13 – August 19

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had a lovely blackberry smoothie (which I did not take a picture of, sadly) and got everything done as I planned: got my walking in, got my blogging done, and got a review and blurb done for the asexuality book I was asked to endorse. Also talked to Jeaux on the phone during one of the walks. In the evening I sat down with Daria and we did our podcast recording for the episodes "Steven vs. Amethyst" and "Bismuth." It was a LONG recording. Surprise. (Not.)

  • Sunday I had some procrastination problems. I did eventually get my laundry and trash chores done and I took some fun photos of my plushie that I commissioned so I could post them on the Internet. I worked on the Not-So-Giant Women podcast, played games, and listened to news.

  • Monday I fiddled with utilities at work and edited a letter. After work I walked, played games, and napped. Talked to Lindsay on the phone and caught up. Played games with my friends online and tracked down some old photos for Meghan.

  • Tuesday I got a late start with my work stuff. Chased some utilities around for several hours on several projects. Did more podcast editing and Polos. Chased a lizard out of the house when the pest control guy came. Practiced some music and ate too much.

  • Wednesday was another late day. Organized some utility stuff. After, I did some Polos, organized collection stuff that needed updating, and filled out my mail-in ballot. Went grocery shopping with Jeaux. We got Burger Monger food, took walks, and watched Colbert, What We Do in the Shadows, and Sandman.

  • Thursday involved some utility coordination and correspondence. I worked on my webcomic and podcast. Updated my blankets collection photo and argued with people on Reddit.

  • Friday I had an early day with utility stuff and meetings and reports. I finished the webcomic, worked on the podcast, worked through submitted comments, and chatted with friends.

New Reviews:


Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I've been making some not-great choices and getting really snacky at night so I have really not been doing very well here. Hoping for better results next week. High weight: 119.5. Low weight: 117.6.
  • Nutrition stuff: The good news is that I've had a spinach smoothie for breakfast almost every day this week, and included fruits and other vegetables in my diet here and there. The bad news is that I ate some high-sugar and high-fat things I really was not hungry for but I just ate them because they were there. Vitamins have been consistent!
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Thursday at 10,071 steps, and my high day was Saturday at 10,361 steps.
Books Read: 


    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Mary Jane" by Alanis Morissette.



    Stuff drawn:




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0901: "More Possibilities." 





    Videos Made:

    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 39: Future Vision is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Future Vision" and cover such topics as the mechanics of Garnet's future vision ability, the cute animated deaths for Steven, the evidence for Garnet's power that we already had before this episode, the ways future vision can break a story or enhance it, Garnet's experience of letting Steven in a little and having it result in disaster, examples of Garnet demonstrating future vision in previous episodes before the reveal, old technology, and a digression about violence and sexuality being allowed on television.


    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 40: On the Run is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "On the Run" and cover such topics as Amethyst's deep resentment toward Pearl, what all the other holes in the Kindergarten mean, Peridot's connection to the Kindergarten, what it means that Amethyst was there alone for so long, the "we kept Amethyst" joke and what the others might have thought about keeping her initially, Amethyst episodes and their range of emotion, Pearl's apparent trauma surrounding Homeworld, whether there are other Amethysts, Amethyst's whip skills, the realities of hay, the extent to which real gemology applies in the SU world, the issues associated with writing very old characters or alien terminology, the Gems' heights, and why there are so many kids' books about children solving mysteries.


    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 41: Horror Club is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Horror Club" and cover such topics as Lars and Ronaldo's childhood friendship and the origin of their current personalities, the fact that Ronaldo SOMEHOW didn't mention his blog for an entire episode, Ronaldo's filing cabinet, thoughts on the Lighthouse Gem and how it works if Gems are embedded in an object, horror movie fan authenticity, Lars's glow-in-the-dark plugs, whether Daria would like to see a Sadie-only episode, what Gems might think of TV and movies, and what would happen if the Gems celebrated Halloween.


    New photos:

    Updated blanket collection


    Social Media Counts: 


    YouTube subscribers: 5,429 for swankivy (3 new), 679 for JulieSondra (no change), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 144 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 907 for swankivy (lost 3), 3,390 for JulieSondra (17 new). Facebook: 294 friends for swankivy (no change), 638 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 235 likes for So You Write (lost 1), 91 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (2 new). Tumblr followers: 2,448 (no change). Instagram followers: 246 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment