Sunday, November 7, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday (but published on Sunday!): October 30 – November 5

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I was really feeling better from the rash of bad health I was going through last week. I did some of my blogging and was trying to get done before my mom came over but she came over right when she said she would! And she brought pasta and sauce to eat, and asked me to make garlic bread. I was supposed to go phone shopping with her and help her with her hair, but when she came over she decided she didn't want to do either of those things. She's so silly. We ate the food and she took a nap on my couch. I finished my blogging while she napped and did the dishes. After she got up and went home, I ate all the garlic bread with wine and watched more episodes of Amphibia.

  • Sunday was Halloween! I decided not to be too complicated with a costume and decided to just wear my Opal dress and do my hair like Opal, so that was fun. But first I redecorated in my house to have actual Halloween decorations (if possible, I like to decorate on the first day of the new season, and Halloween marks day one of the Samhain season!). I set up for trick-or-treaters and also did laundry and trash. Then I got dressed and wrote a comic outline so I could draw while sitting in my garage waiting for trick-or-treaters. Woohoo! I got the comic drawings done and also changed my costume to my Lion onesie when it got too cold for me because I'm wimpy. I did get some trick-or-treaters and that was super nice. Then after it was too late for more visitors, I went inside and processed the So You Write comic and posted it.

  • Monday I was up early for work dealing with our next letter package all day. I was still struggling with some access issues because the websites for a lot of resources I need were down. Still got through it fine. On top of that my refrigerator died and Jeaux had to come get my food and put it in his fridge so I wouldn't lose it all. Argh! I played games with friends that evening and listened to band music.

  • Tuesday was much slower so I was able to catch up on outreach with other firms for business development. Distributed info from the organizers of the ace panel I'm doing about how to attend. Took some more toy photos and organized my database of toys. Practiced a song.

  • Wednesday I was surprised by new data entry stuff to enter! I was glad there was new stuff to do because the deadline was approaching. I worked on that most of the day along with coordinating with some bigger firms to get us on their team. Jeaux and I ate at BurgerFi and we liked our food but had some issues with our orders. We watched Colbert and The Young Turks and the season finale of What We Do in the Shadows.

  • Thursday work was very busy. I worked all day trying to get the data entry in and didn't quite make it before the database threw me out. Victor called and I continued working until the database closed, and then I got my steps in and worked on my comic.

  • Friday I had a morning meeting which went fine, and then I finished up the data entry and spent the rest of the day on reports. After work I had to scurry to get the comic done on time and still get in my steps and some stuff around the house. I also took a break to do karaoke because I'd learned the song well enough. :)

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

  • 10 Facts About Asexuality That Help Dispel Harmful Myths: Article in SELF includes some items I contributed to. (They have a typo about me, though, referring to me as "romantic" instead of "aromantic.")
  • People can sign up to watch me and Yasmin Benoit and the organizers of the UMassAmherst SpACE+ organization discuss asexual and aromantic spaces--this is the link.




New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I ended up eating very weirdly this week because my fridge broke so I ate stuff I was trying to eat before it went bad and then stuff that didn't need to be refrigerated, plus eating an entire loaf of garlic bread and eating Halloween candy--this week was basically a wash. High weight: 116.5. Low weight: 114.6.
  • Nutrition stuff: I'm still drinking more water and lowering caffeine this week. Other than that, I don't have access to refrigeration right now so my goal has just been to eat what's manageable in this situation. Which has involved a lot of bread, pasta, and canned food. Getting my protein from peanut butter and beans.
  • Activity stuff: I made my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Friday at 10,035 steps, and my high day was Sunday at 14,663 steps.
Books Read:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC.


    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic So You Write Issue 125: "Plot Point #1." 








    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0860: "Something Sweet to Share." 







    New videos:

    None.

    New photos:

    Garlic bread night:

    Garlic Bread


    Wine, Garlic Bread, and Cartoons

    Halloween photos:

    Opal costume

    Opal closeup


    Lion closeup

    Lion onesie


    Some toy photos:

    All Plushies


    All Figures

    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,319 for swankivy (4 new), 671 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 134 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 924 for swankivy (lost 2), 2,290 for JulieSondra (18 new). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (no change), 633 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 230 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,456 (1 new). Instagram followers: 240 (no change).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment