Saturday, October 30, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: October 23 – October 29

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got up reasonably early to finish planning my podcast recording and work on blogging. I got everything done faster and more efficiently than I expected to! I guess time was just on my side. I took some toy photos for my photo series and did dishes. Then I got with Daria and we recorded episodes 77 and 78 of our podcast ("Message Received" and "Log Date 7 15 2"). After, I organized some files and slept.

  • Sunday I slept late and I deserve it. Did some laundry, talked to Meg, and wrote up some notes to announce a livestream event for Ace Week (to happen on Friday). Did my karaoke, did more laundry, took out trash and recycling, and took some more toy photos. Then I decided to start watching Amphibia! So I saw some episodes of that. I'm not in love with it, but I'm entertained enough to watch more.

  • Monday I went to work and found out a co-worker is leaving, so that's going to create some waves we'll have to ride. We turned in a letter and dealt with timesheets. Mom randomly came over (which I didn't want her to do because I was still in quarantine, so I wore a mask and stayed away from her), but she had bought me a neck massager thing I'd been wanting. Nice! I gave her a present too. She also gave me some jewelry and . . . a bag of my own teeth from when I was a kid. Mom gonna mom. I did some more toy post stuff and played games with my friends. I felt sad that my friend Steve lost his cat to a blood clot unexpectedly. After games I watched more Amphibia and drank wine.

  • Tuesday I had difficulty concentrating on work because of weirdness happening in my personal life. And I was doing some good tweeting for Ace Week so I kept getting replies. (I didn't get harassed though! This time!) I had a lot on my plate at the office--a transcript to do, a utility letter to write, accounting stuff to calculate, a drainage report to review, and a package to proofread. Whew! I did all of it except the transcript. After work I watched more Amphibia while consuming pasta. After, I drew some comic images early because my livestream was scheduled for Friday and I didn't want to overbook.

  • Wednesday was another difficult day with work because I was having some issues feeling crappy. My heart rate has been up lately for no apparent reason and it's gotten significantly worse, to the point that it's affecting my sleeping and my daily comfort. Not great. I worked on the transcript for most of the day. Mom dropped by AGAIN and gave me a bunch of food she wasn't going to eat from her food bank. DONUTS!!! After work I got a lovely long Polo from my sister to listen to, and then Jeaux and I went shopping and got pizza. (The delivery is messed up so we ended up going to pick it up instead.) We ate and caught up and talked, and watched our Colbert and What We Do in the Shadows shows. And we took a walk too.

  • Thursday I was still feeling super crappy, so I didn't actually start working until after noon, and just mostly tried to relax and talked to my friends in the morning. I scheduled a doctor's appointment (and it's time for my yearly thing anyway). Then when I got to work finally I worked on the transcript and it was super long. When it was done it was 34 pages. Yikes. I didn't know there was that much to say about drainage and gopher tortoises. After work I listened to more Polos and Victor called to tell me about his many adventures. After the call (and getting some comics done) I had a REALLY bad night with the heartbeat thing and I couldn't sleep. Ended up awake in the wee hours finishing comics and watching news, and then I tried sleeping while sitting up because that seems to help. Finally got some rest.

  • Friday I woke up sitting up on the couch and felt somewhat better. Throughout the day it seemed like I was feeling less and less crappy. I was able to do my usual workday and did some letter package preparation, sent some reminders, did some utility stuff, and kept trying to get stuff done that got interrupted because of broken websites. After work I did some toy photos and worked on the webcomic. I did my livestream for Ace Week (which ended up lasting about 2.5 hours) and completed the comic after. I went to bed early because I was exhausted from the bad sleep, but the good news is that sleep was very restful and I seem to be feeling normal again.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Despite eating a huge amount of extra food this week because my mom gave me a bunch of stuff that was close to expiration, I had the exact same weight almost all week? It's weird. High weight: 115.7. Low weight: 114.6.
  • Nutrition stuff: I drank more water all week like I wanted to! And also incorporated vegetables into my meals multiple times like I intended. But since my mom dropped off donuts, muffins, fruit, and bread on Wednesday, I ate a lot of that too and it seems to have edged out a lot of my usual foods.
  • Activity stuff: I made my walking goal every day this week despite some days that I felt like crap. (I wasn't pushing myself through it--I felt better when I was moving.) My low day was Monday at 10,966 steps, and my high day was Thursday at 21,491 steps.
Books Read:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Lucky Man" by Emerson, Lake and Palmer.


    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0859: "Without Telling Us." 







    New videos:

    Ace Week Livestream 2021 ran on Friday. This was a live interactive event with me talking about asexual and aromantic adulthood and taking Q&A from the audience. I talked about "when it's not a phase," "feelings of insecurity," "celebrating adulthood as an ace and/or aro person," and "dealing with detractors."


    New photos:



    Some toy photos:





    Plushies!

    SDCC 2017 Plush

    SDCC 2018 Plush


    Clip-On Plush

    Funko Clip-On Plush


    Funko SuperCute Plushies


    Unofficial Plushies


    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,315 for swankivy (no change), 671 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 134 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 926 for swankivy (lost 1), 2,272 for JulieSondra (137 new). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (no change), 633 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 230 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,455 (no change). Instagram followers: 240 (1 new).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment