Saturday, October 9, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: October 2 – October 8

Life news this week:

  • Saturday involved blogging off and on throughout the day to get it done. I practiced my ukulele and talked to some folks online. I tried on a costume I'd never tried before--the Steven Universe character Lapis Lazuli, who's not one of my faves but is fun to dress up as--and made some tater tots to eat in the middle of the night. I also cleaned up the house a bit. Mom was supposed to stop by but she couldn't because she was sick.

  • Sunday Mom was supposed to stop by again but she was still sick and I had to order groceries for her. I ended up chatting on the phone with her a few times during the day. We discussed the upcoming wedding I'm going to and her opinions about what I should wear, what I should bring as a gift, and how I should stay safe while traveling. I did some work on the latest Not-So-Giant Women podcast and did my editing, laundry, trash, and karaoke.

  • Monday work was more stressful than I expected--some last-minute work caused some scrambling and then I stayed late to make my life easier for the next day. Mom still didn't come over but that was fine since it was such a late day and I ended up not having much time before game night. My friend Brent joined us at game night for the first time! Then I went to get my last steps but my pedometer thing had been frozen since BEFORE I WENT TO BED THE DAY BEFORE so I don't have an accurate count. :/

  • Tuesday I had to play a waiting game against a ticking clock for a proposal. After some rush-reading I took a break after submission to finish some laundry stuff and talk to my sister. After work my mom finally did come over and helped me choose clothes to wear to the wedding next week. After she left I did my editing and took pictures of my trading cards. Went to sleep early because I was exhausted.

  • Wednesday was good, a chiller work day and I had time to catch up on my dishes. I did some more editing on Not-So-Giant Women and worked on proposals. I updated my bank books and some e-mail. Jeaux came over and we did our grocery shopping and got Five Guys. Then we watched Colbert and What We Do in the Shadows. I told him some stories about stuff that happened during the week and we had a nice night.

  • Thursday I worked on a proposal and had some difficult interactions. After work I wrote my webcomic's storyboard and responded to some stuff on Twitter. Managed to take care of some responsibilities I've been putting off--making a pest control appointment, making a maintenance appointment for my water tank, and making an inquiry about the shelf in my garage that I worry has become unsafe. Victor called a bit early and we talked while I drew. I finished my Not-So-Giant Women podcast and posted it.

  • Friday was a bit tiring! I did a little cleaning in the morning to make sure nothing was in the way for the pest control person, then I went to work. I had some proposal stuff to do before a midday submittal and I helped my boss with a report and did some reports for him. The pest control person said the bees in my backyard were yellowjackets and so they needed to be addressed, so I had to pay extra for that. Aw man. I had been hoping I had honeybees. After work, I finished my comic and then baked a (sugar-free) cake for Victor. Then the internet became unstable just when I was going to relax and read a funny blog. :/
New Reviews:


Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Much less variation this week, but I don't know why I didn't gain more weight--I ate pretty poorly. High weight: 113.7. Low weight: 112.4.
  • Nutrition stuff: I need to not buy hummus and crackers because I eat them too fast and then don't eat what I should be eating instead. I'm relying a lot on melting cheese on bread or tortillas and using soy bacon as a topping. Vegetables not so much. Fruits only a little--just some avocados and apples. Too many granola bars. I think I will try to do more soup next week, except when I'm traveling.
  • Activity stuff: No missed goals this week except the day that the pedometer didn't record my walking all day so it doesn't count. Very reliably getting my steps, yay! My low day was Friday at 10,508, and my high day was Sunday at 18,189 steps.

Books Read:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week. 
  • Currently reading: Six Characters in Search of an Author and Other Plays by Luigi Pirandello. I'm on page 177.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Already Gone" by the Eagles.


    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0856: "The Pioneer." 







    New videos:

    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 26 is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Ocean Gem" and cover such topics as the reveal and theorized fate of corrupted Gems, why the Crystal Gems are on Earth, what Lapis might reveal to Homeworld, what a cracked Gem can do to a Gem, whether Gems speak English, why Lapis made water clones, Steven's negotiating skills, Greg's participation in the mission, Garnet's opinion of Greg's musical tastes, whether Pearl has a driver's license, what the beef might be between Homeworld and our Gems, "No prob, Bob," Daria's running theory of corrupted Gems, the original plan for Greg's injured leg, how long Lapis will take to get home, and . . . Vegemite?


    New photos:

    Cosplay Gem Collection


    Lapis Lazuli costume

    Lapis Lazuli closeup

    Lapis Lazuli cosplay--showing the Gem!

    SU costume collection


    SU games collection

    Dress Mom lent me that I might wear to a wedding


    Social Media Counts:
    YouTube subscribers: 5,314 for swankivy (lost 1), 672 for JulieSondra (2 new), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 133 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 926 for swankivy (lost 2), 2,107 for JulieSondra (41 new). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (no change), 632 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 230 likes for So You Write (no change), 85 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (lost 1). Tumblr followers: 2,448 (no change). Instagram followers: 239 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment