Saturday, October 23, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: October 16 – October 22

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got up at 3:45 AM to fly back to Tampa. After a $150 cab ride and two plane rides (Detroit to Baltimore, Baltimore to Tampa), I had another $50 cab ride to my place and finally was home. I took a shower and then Mom called while I was unpacking so I got to tell her about the trip. I took a nap and talked to Meg and had some food that was not snacks. Did my blogging and posted my photos from Cara's wedding. Went to sleep early after posting toys on Amino.

  • Sunday I was up early not doing much, just sending Polos, doing lots of laundry, recording karaoke, messing with online photos, and arguing with weirdos about vegetarianism. Got my e-mail inbox back down to like a hundred by deleting stuff that had built up while out of town, and took stock of my budget. Talked to Dad about the next band practice and slept early.

  • Monday was back to work after four days away, and it wasn't bad at all for what it was. There was a little scrambling on a letter that went out but other than that it was easy to get caught back up. After work I worked on the podcast and hung out with my friends at game night. Did another Polo for Steve and went to bed early again.

  • Tuesday work was pretty slow so I caught up with my data entry. Helped my coworker with a letter and made a resume for a new person. Did some more toy posts and worked on the podcast. Ate some garbage.

  • Wednesday was another pretty slow day so I devoted it to catch-up items. Got some business development stuff done and updated a database. Made a shopping list for Jeaux who so graciously went to the store for me because I am preemptively quarantining after travel and didn't want to go to the store or hang out with him. He got me a Moe's burrito and we talked on the phone instead of hanging out. Posted some more toy pictures and got laundry put away.

  • Thursday was pretty low-key at work too, but I had some tasks that needed doing. Got some personal editing done and wrote a storyboard for my comic. Set up my compensation for an event I'll be doing soon. Victor called and we caught up about my travel and whatever stuff in his life. Went to bed early.

  • Friday I just had to help with typical document support things and worked on some documents for the letter we're doing next week. I got a database updated and timesheets figured out and sent a new employee his welcome stuff. Ended up stalling a lot trying to get my webcomic done, in between chatting to a new friend whom I just met in a SU group. Still posted on time but it was close. Drank some wine while talking to my sister on Polo and fell asleep on the floor.
New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I'm not happy with how consistently I'm significantly above my original goal weight this week. I know some of it is from eating garbage during and after vacation but I am going to need to change my habits again to get back where I wanted to be. High weight: 115.7. Low weight: 113.7.
  • Nutrition stuff: The usual issues with too many carbohydrate-rich, greasy foods, I think. Definitely need to focus on the fruits and vegetables so I can get a more balanced diet. I do okay with protein, just need those other nutrients more consistently. I am also starting a campaign to drink more water now!
  • Activity stuff: I missed my walking goal on Friday. I just plain didn't make proper time for walking during the day and made the wrong choices. My low day was Friday at 4,866, and my high day was Wednesday at 17,254 steps.
Books Read:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Song 2" by Blur.


    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0858: "Scarily Simple." 







    New videos:

    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 28 is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Space Race" and cover such topics as Greg taking over Pearl's role of being cautious and level-headed, Pearl's first break with reality and longing for space, thoughts about the Galaxy Warp, Greg's parental rights, Steven's legal identity, stuff about the barn, Crying Breakfast Friends (and the show's shows within a show), a digression about sapient food, Estelle getting two lines per episode, various questions about Gem weapons, the effectiveness of full emotions with simple line art, thoughts on humanized Gem fanart, the "grounded" pun, the growth of the main characters as the show goes on, and why Daria does NOT want a deep-dive Garnet episode yet.


    New photos:

    My trip home


    Some toy photos:

    Domez

    McFarlane Toys

    Mystery Minis

    Original Minis


    Social Media Counts:
    YouTube subscribers: 5,315 for swankivy (1 new), 671 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 133 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 927 for swankivy (1 new), 2,135 for JulieSondra (16 new). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (1 new, became friends with Hannah), 632 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 230 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,455 (1 new). Instagram followers: 239 (lost 2).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment