Saturday, October 2, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: September 25 – October 1

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got up late but got a lot done. Finished up the planning for my podcast recordings, did my blogging pretty fast, took a walk, ate too much, sent out a query, took some photos of my sticker collection, and started the podcast recording with Daria to cover "Steven's Birthday" and "It Could've Been Great." Then after the recording I started working on the podcast for "Mirror Gem."

  • Sunday I had another pretty productive day. Got up late and worked on the latest podcast, submitted a query, took out my trash/recycling and did laundry, made a huge Polo for my sister, made a photos post of my magnets, and recorded a Letters to an Asexual video and one part of my ukulele cover of "We Are the Crystal Gems" extended opening (dressed up as Steven Universe because I'm cute like that, even though my wig is pretty terrible).

  • Monday I got up for work super early and had a meeting first thing in the morning. It was a relatively chill morning except for working on some finalizing for a proposal. I recorded another part for my "We Are the Crystal Gems" extended opening video. Then I played games with friends. Dealt with obnoxious comments on my website. Fell asleep early because I really only got a few hours' sleep the day before.

  • Tuesday I completed a work order for my data entry project and finalized documents for a proposal. Spent a bunch of the day bugging people to give me paper. Later I did more recordings for the "We Are the Crystal Gems" extended opening video (two more voice parts) and mixed everything. Did some book editing and ranting to Meggie. ATE SPAGHETTI. Took a look at some music for the band. Made a karaoke recording.

  • Wednesday I got up early to deal with the proposal but nobody had sent me comments so I just did a last look and sent it in. Then I got to deal with other proposal prep. Pretty typical day. Got my decorating done for the next season so now it looks very Fall. Jeaux came over and we grocery shopped and got food from Moe's. We watched Colbert and What We Do in the Shadows and took a walk. I worked on my editing and cleared some space on my computer because it is full of video files.

  • Thursday involved organizing and going to meetings. After work I drew a So You Write comic and talked to Victor on the phone. He went back to work! I didn't get any drawing done for Negative One while on the phone which put me behind for Friday.

  • Friday involved helping my coworkers with an upcoming proposal and organizing documents. After work I completed my webcomic, posted it, made a post about my home accents, drank a bunch of wine for some reason, and reorganized my lists of SU merch. I'm almost done with the list!

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I'm seeing a lot of individual variation these days between single days, but it just kinda keeps coming back to a number that's about in between. High weight: 115.1. Low weight: 113.1.
  • Nutrition stuff: Kind of a variable diet this week. Had a lot of corn chips and a heavy burrito when I got my weekly restaurant food, and had one wine-drinking day. Other than that I've been eating a lot of the same vegetarian products, cheese, and bread--not as many smoothies or fruits or veggies as I should be. I am going to try to get the carrots going next week.
  • Activity stuff: No missed goals this week, though I got close a few times because I left the walking until the end of the day after some late work nights. My low day was Saturday at 10,142, and my high day was Thursday at 13,878 steps.

Books Read:
  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week. 
  • Currently reading: Six Characters in Search of an Author and Other Plays by Luigi Pirandello. I'm on page 177.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Collide" by Howie Day.


    Ukulele Cover: "We Are the Crystal Gems" Extended Opening: Very cheesy video of my uke cover of the extended theme song, with some goofy video editing and me in four different cosplays.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic So You Write Issue 124: "Didn't Happen." 







    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0855: "Dimensions." 







    New videos:

    Letters to an Asexual #84 is up. In this video, I share a Twitter conversation wherein I argued with a man who believed "normal" people shouldn't be expected to initiate or participate in conversations about sexuality with their partners in the event of different sexual needs because only the people with unusual needs should be worried about this (and THEY have an obligation to disclose, while "normal" people don't need to have conversations about this as it will just be deserved and assumed). The man also argues that communication would be natural in an ideal world, but we can't expect anyone to facilitate this communication since we don't actually live in that world and he's "a realist." Just goes to show you that if the status quo serves someone's needs, he'll defend it even when he knows it's hurting people.



    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 25 is out. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Mirror Gem" and cover such topics as Lapis's color scheme, Steven's fart sounds, Pearl's attitude toward teaching, Steven's lack of schooling, Lapis's water powers, what it means that Lapis's Gem is cracked, how the Gems reacted to the mirror being "like a person," and why Lapis might be angry with our Gems. Tune in to learn Daria's anecdote about inappropriate puns!


    New photos:

    None.

    Social Media Counts:
    YouTube subscribers: 5,315 for swankivy (5 new), 670 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 133 for Not-So-Giant Women (2 new). Twitter followers: 928 for swankivy (lost 2), 2,066 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (no change), 632 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 230 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,448 (lost 2). Instagram followers: 239 (lost 1).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment