Saturday, July 10, 2021

Personal Digest Saturday: July 3 – July 9

Life news this week:

  • Saturday was a nice day. I found out Katelyn passed the NCLEX and she is now a nurse, so congrats Katie! Got blogging done in bits throughout the day and listened to the podcast I was featured on. Spent the day just grinding down my e-mail inbox trying to get it to a reasonable level and responding to various things on Reddit and Twitter. Sent some Polos to friends and family.

  • Sunday I took my time in the morning, which was nice. Got a lot done--managed to get my previously over 1300 e-mails inbox down to under 100. I got approved for a Metrocon panel so it looks like I'm going! Jeaux said he'd help, so it looks like we're doing this again. (I did a panel in 2019 and it was an absolute blast.) I recorded two ukulele covers of Steven Universe songs, did laundry, did karaoke, and worked on my novel In Bloom for the first time in forever.

  • Monday we had the day off for Independence Day, so I spent it doing some more e-mail excavation and dealing with some messed up subtitles on old videos. And I did more writing! Finally finished a chapter that I left in progress for many months. Did a Polo for Meg and I played games with my friends.

  • Tuesday there was a hurricane. It was raining all day because of Hurricane Elsa, though I was still able to get a morning walk in before it started. I got a featured post on Steven Universe Amino for one of my cover songs. And I worked on an epic mail to my friend Cara. (But didn't finish it.) I wasted too much time besides that, but at least I did the dishes.

  • Wednesday the hurricane was gone. My lawn guy even came! I had to do some data entry and some work on a proposal. And I finally got those minutes sent out from a meeting a couple weeks ago. (I needed the project manager's approval.) Had a quick chat with my agent about some stuff. Didn't get enough stuff done before Jeaux showed up. We went shopping and ate at IHOP. Then we watched two episodes of Owl House and took a walk.

  • Thursday was good, I was able to get some Polos out and put my plants back outside post-hurricane. After I knocked out some proposal stuff at work, I wrote some comics and practiced my ukulele. Victor called in the evening like usual and we had another nice long talk (woohoo, two weeks in a row!). Finished all my comic drawings.

  • Friday I had a lot to get done and managed to do it! I cleaned up some junk around the house and got a bunch of data entered and preparations done for upcoming marketing efforts at work. Then in the evening my friend Fen came over and we ate some appetizers, hung out and talked, and then ordered sushi and watched cartoons. The best!

New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Little bit of backsliding here and I will need to do better so I don't go back to old habits I don't want to repeat. High weight: 114.5 pounds. Low weight: 112.6.
  • Nutrition stuff: I'm actually getting a lot of good diversity in my diet again, switching up my breakfast and making sure to get that spinach in, but there have been a lot of nighttime snacking events that I'm not doing great with, plus now that special events and visits are allowed again I sometimes go overboard. I feel like I should focus on healthier/less extensive snacks instead of trying to cut out snacking, because special events are just gonna happen and I don't want to feel like I'm not allowed to enjoy them.
  • Activity stuff: I don't have an accurate read on my counts this week because my counter froze all of the last three days. I am pretty sure I only fell short on one day, but I'll never know because it froze on Thursday and I didn't know. I legit didn't make it on Friday because I had a friend over and didn't make sure to get the steps in before they arrived. I will guess my low day was Friday at 8,158 steps, and my high day was Monday at 14,802 steps (but it was actually probably Thursday because it usually is; it's just that's the day it froze).
Reading progress:

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week. 
  • Currently reading: Six Characters in Search of an Author and Other Plays by Luigi Pirandello. I'm on page 66.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Don't Start Now" by Dua Lipa.











    Stuff Drawn:




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0843: "Crowd-Pleaser." 




    New videos:

    None this week.

    New photos:

    None this week.

    Social Media Counts:
    YouTube subscribers: 5,300 for swankivy (6 new), 670 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 126 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 929 for swankivy (1 new), 1,919 for JulieSondra (86 new). Facebook: 300 friends for swankivy (lost 1, do not know who dumped me), 631 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 79 likes for Negative One (1 new), 227 likes for So You Write (1 new), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,462 (1 new). Instagram followers: 232 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment