Saturday, October 26, 2019

Personal Digest Saturday: October 19 – October 25

Life news this week:
  • Saturday was two huge events for me! One was getting to meet my first Pitch Wars mentee, Ben, in person, and he brought along his very nice wife Emma whom I'd never conversed with. We had a few hours to chill and talk and it was great. Then they had to be on their way to catch a flight. Then I threw a party! I had been weirdly efficient with my preparation the night before so there was almost nothing to do. I had a checklist, though, and started getting ready a few hours before the party. It took more than an hour to do my makeup for my costume because I had to paint myself purple. I had a good crowd for the party and they ate my food, talked, and enjoyed good company. Four people slept over (three were planned) and several stayed past 3 AM. And I was delighted to have my friend Steve meet my friends as he was able to attend after he got off work.
  • Sunday I saw my friends off and then spent the day recovering. I didn't do much (though I did do some laundry and cleanup); mostly just ate delicious leftovers and relaxed. I did some karaoke and did the dishes. Was nice to have some down time.
  • Monday I did some data entry for our project and worked on a letter. I also got to see my friend Steve for lunch and that was really nice! We had Thai food. Also, we found out we won a project! Great news! After work I did some ace stuff for Asexual Awareness Week and drew for Inktober. And I tried to help one of my friends with a website.
  • Tuesday I helped with file transfers and did a transcript for my boss, then edited a letter for the office. My photos of my Halloween costume got a feature on Amino so that was nice! I talked to Jeaux on the phone after work and did some drawings for Inktober. Stayed up late to review the latest SU comic.
  • Wednesday I plotted some intersection boards, did some file stuff, and made business cards for people. After work I took a quick nap and then Jeaux came over. We ate at Denny's and shopped at Winn-Dixie. Came home and watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Jeaux ate the last of my pumpkin pie. I drew a picture for someone I'm trading with on the Internet and went to bed.
  • Thursday I sent a package in the morning and went to work. Did some updates and some preparation for an upcoming letter. We hired a new guy! After work we all went to the Supersession which was a thing for transportation professionals. Did some networking and got to have a delicious dinner and a great presentation on road safety for vulnerable road users. Went home and finished up my webcomic.
  • Friday I did some updates, reports, and timesheets. After work I posted my webcomic and did a livestream for Asexual Awareness Week. People could ask questions or chat in the box while I made a video and discussed how media handles asexuality awareness.
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:



Diet progress:

Still paused on diet stuff until after I eat the leftovers from my Halloween party.



Reading progress:
  • Currently reading: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 2 by Gene Luen Yang, Michael Dante DiMartino, and Bryan Konietzko.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "There's a Fine, Fine Line" from Avenue Q.




    Stuff Drawn:

    Inktober continues with Steven Universe drawings!


    Day 19: Sling
    Day 20: Tread
    Day 21: Treasure
    Day 22: Ghost
    Day 23: Ancient
    Day 24: Dizzy
    Day 25: Tasty
    Lapis and Peridot and Pumpkin: Present for trading card friend







    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0754: "To Say No."









    New videos: 

    An Ace Evening with Swankivy was my very first Livestream event shown in real time with chat available for viewers to ask questions or add comments. I discussed asexuality in media and answered questions from subscribers and pals.



    New photos:


    Amethyst costume!
    Full costume!
    Gem!
    Jeaux as Jamie as Garnet (with Amethyst Mop)
    Jeaux as Jamie as Pearl
    Meggie as Minnie
    Benjamin as Future Luigi
    Katelyn as Ariel
    Victor as Sponge Bob
    Joy as a Nightmare Hospital Doctor
    Arthur and Yasmin as a Floridian and a Lesbian Soccer Parent
    Amethyst, Amethyst Mop, Jamie Pearl
    Who wore it better?


    Social Media Counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,255 for swankivy (lost 6), 680 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 977 for swankivy (6 new), 1,354 for JulieSondra (16 new). Facebook: 295 friends (lost 2, dunno who) and 207 followers (no change) for swankivy, 651 likes for JulieSondra (lost 3), 63 likes for Negative One (no change), 163 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,510 (lost 3). Instagram followers: 187 (2 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment