Monday, July 1, 2024

June Goals Update

Holy crap, it's July! Time for another goals update:

1. Health Goals: I resolved to drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies, and walk at least 10,000 steps a day.
2. Personal Project Goals: I resolved to get digital photos sorted by the end of February and collect memorable bits from Facebook for my essays; resolved to work on writing or editing at least one day a week; resolved to relearn ukulele songs I've forgotten and learn new ones, and keep creating my regular webcomic and video content.
3. Reading Goals: I resolved to read at least twice a week.
4. Relationship and Communication Goals: I resolved to document daily life stuff more, keep up with e-mails and online communication, and make time for friends and family.
5. Other Goals: I wanted to prepare and sell my mom's house, watch some TV shows I'd dropped, and not play time-wasting tames.

Progress Update: (you can click to see the calendars better):


HEALTH GOALS:
Summary: I'm doing great with drinking water, though there are always these days that I get started a bit late so I drink less over the day. I've been trying for three servings of fruit and vegetables (with one always being a green veggie), and that has mostly worked out with a few exceptions. And I walked at least 10,000 steps every day of June. Here is my calendar of progress:



PERSONAL PROJECT GOALS:

Summary: I made a ton of progress with my photos in the first half of the month. I discovered an alternate approach to it that's really helping me out, but for the time being it has been derailed because I am also balancing this with the other time-sensitive project that's cropped up: preparing some additional content for my upcoming 1,000th webcomic for Negative One. I have continued collecting Facebook clips for future essays almost every day.

Writing projects were untouched this month except for my weekly webcomic, but I guess it's understandable. My ukulele practice has also been disappointingly nonexistent, and that is especially annoying because I did want to have more songs learned by the time I go to Metrocon and that will not be happening because Metrocon is coming right up. Oh well. Hopefully this calendar will look way different next month.


READING GOALS: 

Summary: I had one sprint toward finishing a book in the middle of the month because I wanted to give feedback for a blurb by a certain promised time. I have not made time for reading in between other projects lately. This is another thing I will ease back into soon.



RELATIONSHIP AND COMMUNICATION GOALS: 

Summary: My documentation goal didn't get much love this month but I kept some notes for when I can make time for it. My e-mail box is at 3 unanswered mails. I had more social events scheduled than actually appeared here because I had SEVERAL cancellations. Boo! But still regularly hanging out with friends. I went to an Alanis Morissette concert, saw my dad, had a band practice, and did a podcast recording.


OTHER GOALS:

Summary: Well, we closed on Mom's house. I now need to resolve a few things with the probate lawyer but I don't have anything left for me to do--I'm waiting on them. I really can't wait to resolve everything and distribute the house money between my sisters and me.

My plaster pillar from my mom's house is still outside and I'm still planning to paint it. I still have some of her statues and things that I want to sell but it's difficult to get takers. I think I will need to take them to eBay.

I have planned to do some health screenings this year and I think the next thing I should focus on is getting my eyes checked. Following that, sometime this year I'm going to get to the dentist as well.

I mostly haven't had issues with time-wasting games, but this month the silly thing I memorized was all the world's country flags, and have been distracting myself with silly games that quiz me. I have not picked up any of the TV shows I want to watch.

I did a cool photo project this month where I took photos with various queer content for Pride Month! It wasn't a planned project. I just ended up doing it on a whim.

Will update again next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment