Saturday, August 10, 2024

Personal Digest Saturday: August 3 – August 9

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got blogging done early, did some quizzes and made some Polos, and installed a security camera that's set up to catch footage of Birdles! But did not see any birds arrive. Did some reading while walking, edited a short story and a novel, and bought some socks.

  • Sunday it was rainy because of Hurricane Debby. I did my laundry and worked on some quizzes and my novel. Recorded a karaoke song, finally managed to get the trash out despite the rain, and made Polos.

  • Monday I had to jump into proposal preparation with some coworkers, and had a little extra free time because the hurricane postponed a deadline. Did some document updates and did a Polo. Worked on my book more. Did some dishes and updated some documentation.

  • Tuesday I attended an internal meeting for our planning, then walked to the Post Office to drop off a package for one of Meg's eBay items that sold. Came home, worked on proposal documents, and had my friends Ben and Scott over. (I don't know why they didn't hang out with me the past few weeks, but this week our hangout happened!) We got food from SoFresh and just caught up on life stuff. Birdlecam finally recorded a Birdle arrival! Talked my sisters through installing an app so they can also watch Birdle. Talked to Jeaux on the phone and got my steps, then worked on my books and quizzes.

  • Wednesday I was annoyed because my Birdlecam fell down! I investigated more secure ways to anchor it but my concrete drill bit did not do the job, so I went back to using the adhesive bracket and some superglue. :P Also, the camera fell down onto a frog decoration on my porch and broke it! Sad. At work I played with forms and went to two meetings, but I got kicked off the internet for a while, so I picked up hurricane debris in the backyard until it was back. When Jeaux came over we went to Grain & Berry for dinner and I got a lovely açaí bowl made with granola, bananas, Nutella, peanut butter, strawberries, and nuts. DELICIOUS. We went grocery shopping and watched more Dungeon Meshi, and I got very excited about Birdlecam because not only did we get to see birds but THERE WERE THREE OF THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME. Three Birdles! Thirdles!

  • Thursday I was pretty tired and had some naps. Worked on proposal documents and updates to project manager reports, and went to a meeting. Did some walking and reading. Enjoyed Birdle again! Went to game night with my friends. Played some quiz games.

  • Friday I worked on timesheets, reports, and proposal documents. I was busy all day and didn't have much time to get up for breaks. Afterwards I had to have more sitting time to finish my webcomic. So I almost didn't have enough time to get my steps in after all that! Barely made it. Also had two Birdles again with a brief appearance of a Thirdle.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: The good news is there is progress! The bad news is it's slower than I expected. I recorded a high of 119.8 and a low of 118.9.
  • Nutrition stuff: Still doing great with three fruits and veggies every day, and my nutrient balance being skewed slightly toward protein. Even on the two days I ate restaurant food, I did okay with that! I am still regularly taking vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Friday at 10,099 steps, and my high day was Tuesday at 13,642 steps.

Books Read: 

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Penny Lover" by Lionel Richie.








    Stuff drawn:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:

    #1004: ivy #311: for people my age.

    Videos Made: 

    None.

    New photos:

    Two Birdles cuddling.


    Grain & Berry Bowl.


    Glimpse of a Thirdle!


    Social media counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,449 for swankivy (lost 3), 676 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 196 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 68 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 835 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,891 for JulieSondra (6 new). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (lost 1), 643 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 256 followers for So You Write (no change), 100 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,436 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 281 (lost 1). Threads followers: 66 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment