Saturday, September 28, 2024

Personal Digest Saturday: September 21 – September 27

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I had to walk to the post office to drop off one of Meg's packages. Had breakfast, did dishes, and talked to Sarah on the phone for a while as I redecorated for the next season. Did my blogging, got in a super nice nap, and made a survey for the band so we could rate our songs and figure out some stuff. Updated some collections and relaxed.

  • Sunday I woke up rested. Did laundry and trash chores and had to chase a snake out of the garage. Worked on my So You Write comic for next week. Exchanged Polos with Meg while folding clothes. Spent too much time looking at Reddit, Facebook, and Tumblr. Colored some comics while watching silly videos. Learned a new song and sang it on the karaoke site.

  • Monday I edited and sent out two letters, and later worked on my comics more. Submitted a funny submission to a Facebook group I had joined and when it posted it became controversial because apparently some of the people in the group are transphobic. (A bunch of them got banned for arguing with me about it. It was wild.) Got some reading done too.

  • Tuesday I worked on teaming invites, had two meetings, and helped my boss with documents. Finished editing my So You Write comic. (Every 10th issue I like to do a long one, so this one took a while. It has 20 frames instead of the usual 4. So. Yeah.) Wrangled more weird transphobic comments in that group and got more people banned. Wrote my Negative One webcomic early so I could knock it out and get started on the next one--I'll be traveling next week so everything's getting crunched. Got my steps in cleaning up a bunch of clutter that's accumulated in the house.

  • Wednesday I chatted with Tony in the morning before breakfast and asked him to trim the bushes around Birdle's nest. :) (He might have otherwise destroyed it by accident.) At work I did data entry and more documents for my boss. Jeaux came and we went to Mandola's, Office Depot, and shopping. Then at home we watched Colbert, chatted a bunch, took a walk, and read silly things to each other. Just as he was about to leave we found a wolf spider chilling in the middle of the living room. When I approached it to trap it and take it outside, it turned out it was covered in hundreds of baby spiders and they went all over my living room. So we had a lot of fun dealing with that situation. Grateful to Jeaux for helping me move furniture to find the damn spider. I couldn't sleep after that so I worked on my comic more.

  • Thursday I started paying more attention to the Hurricane Helene tracking because even though it wasn't going to hit Tampa Bay we were supposed to get some rough weather. I didn't actually prepare for it at all but I should have taken my porch furniture inside. Oh well. I finished my comic drawings and did data entry at work, but some power outages interrupted me. Went to my game night and got interrupted by power outages there too. Afterwards I got my steps in again. The hurricane was loud and kept me awake for a while, and I decided to stay up through high tide to make sure I wasn't going to get flooded. (The flooding got to a few streets away from me, but it did not reach my street.) No big branches hit my house. Just a lot of stuff to clean up in the back yard now.

  • Friday I got my reports done and had to walk to the post office for Meg's packages again. After work, I finished the next week's comic, got my steps and did some reading, and got everything I needed to get done. Even got some relaxing time in.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Still moving down little by little. Probably going to have some spikes next week since I'll be on a vacation diet. :) I recorded a high of 114.7 and a low of 114.0.
  • Nutrition stuff: I had at least three servings of fruits and veggies this week. I had a higher protein diet this week, higher than the balance recommended, but it's not hugely unbalanced. I'm figuring out the best ways to incorporate higher-fat foods so it's still very much in balance. I am still regularly taking vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Tuesday at 10,205 steps, and my high day was Wednesday at 14,500 steps.
Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently Reading: The Golden Enclaves by Naomi Novik. I'm on page 356.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi.

     


    Stuff drawn:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:


     

    #1011: ivy #314: resistance.


    Videos Made: 
     
    None.


    New photos:

    None.

    Social media counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,452 for swankivy (1 new), 678 for JulieSondra (2 new), 16 for v & V Vids (no change), 196 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 67 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 833 for swankivy (no change), 3,906 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 296 friends for swankivy (no change, but I added someone and someone deleted me; the new person was from a group, and I don't know who I lost), 641 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 254 followers for So You Write (no change), 98 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (lost 1). Tumblr followers: 2,431 (no change). Instagram followers: 279 (1 new). Threads followers: 72 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment