Tuesday, October 1, 2024

September Goals Update

Hello October! Time for my update on how the goals went in September.

1. Health Goals: I resolved to drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies, and walk at least 10,000 steps a day.

2. Personal Project Goals: I resolved to get digital photos sorted and collect memorable bits from Facebook for my essays; resolved to work on writing or editing at least one day a week; resolved to relearn ukulele songs I've forgotten and learn new ones, and keep creating my regular webcomic and video content.

3. Reading Goals: I resolved to read at least twice a week.

4. Relationship and Communication Goals: I resolved to document daily life stuff more, keep up with e-mails and online communication, and make time for friends and family.

5. Other Goals: I wanted to prepare and sell my mom's house, watch some TV shows I'd dropped, and not play time-wasting tames.

Progress Update:

HEALTH GOALS:

Summary: Seeing some good movement on attempts to fit more comfortably into my existing clothes. Have been on a higher-protein and lower-calorie diet, taking all vitamins, attaining a healthy water intake, and taking 10,000 steps or more every day of the month. Here is my calendar of progress:




PERSONAL PROJECT GOALS:

Summary: The photos goal and some of my writing stuff have been eclipsed by vacation prep and laziness. Not enough movement on the writing front like I'd like, but better than some months. I also haven't picked up my goals for ukulele yet.

I had a really good month last month so this month looks like a letdown. I will return. I really will. Progress:


READING GOALS: 

Summary: There always seems to be one of these progress calendars that looks really full and this time it's the books calendar. I got reading done more frequently than usual this month. I finished Down Girl and The Golden Enclaves.



RELATIONSHIP AND COMMUNICATION GOALS: 

Summary: Still working on some documentation. My e-mail box is at 3 unanswered mails. Social schedule was sparse (I had a cancellation and not much drive to make a whole lot of plans). Next month will look really busy since I have a vacation and a party, so I'm happy for a dry spell.


OTHER GOALS:

Summary: The last debt for my mom's estate was finally cleared up only a few days ago. Now I'm trying to get my lawyer to just give me the total for what I owe them. If they would just do that I will have everything I need to get a final total for what we made from Mom's estate and distribute it to my sisters.

Back-burner projects like my plaster pillar painting are still waiting. I put some of the unsold items from my mom's statues and candy jars up on eBay but no takers so far.

The last appointment I wanted to get for this year is making it to the dentist, but I haven't scheduled it.

Time-wasting now seems to involve searching for silly geography games to relax and reading too many stories about terrible people on Twitter and Reddit. I need some down time but don't want as much as I've been having. I have not picked up any of the TV shows I want to watch, but the one high on the list that I want to knock out is in our vacation plans!

Will update again next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment