Sunday, September 1, 2024

August Goals Update

Well, it's now September, which means I gotta do my August update on how the goals are going!

1. Health Goals: I resolved to drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies, and walk at least 10,000 steps a day.
2. Personal Project Goals: I resolved to get digital photos sorted by the end of February and collect memorable bits from Facebook for my essays; resolved to work on writing or editing at least one day a week; resolved to relearn ukulele songs I've forgotten and learn new ones, and keep creating my regular webcomic and video content.
3. Reading Goals: I resolved to read at least twice a week.
4. Relationship and Communication Goals: I resolved to document daily life stuff more, keep up with e-mails and online communication, and make time for friends and family.
5. Other Goals: I wanted to prepare and sell my mom's house, watch some TV shows I'd dropped, and not play time-wasting tames.

Progress Update:

HEALTH GOALS:
Summary: Everything's the same as last month (in a good way). I have been eating a little less but still keeping my intended balance, taking vitamins, keeping up the water intake, and making it to 10,000 steps every day of the month. Here is my calendar of progress:




PERSONAL PROJECT GOALS:

Summary: The photos goal has been somewhat shelved as I've been focusing on writing stuff a lot more, which is honestly a good thing because I hate that writing always seems to be last priority even though I've long considered it my primary goal. I also haven't picked up my goals for ukulele yet.

But writing is looking good. I jumped back into submitting queries and stories a lot more and I did some work on my in-progress novel. It wasn't anywhere near as much writing as I'd like to be doing, but I've been working on some of the most difficult-to-write chapters (which might be part of the reason I procrastinated so much on writing them). But here's how my month looked:


READING GOALS: 

Summary: I am still slogging through reading a dense nonfiction book, but I'm almost at the end. These are not fast reads. I'm gonna have another embarrassingly low book count at the end of the year, but I didn't have a goal, so that's fine.



RELATIONSHIP AND COMMUNICATION GOALS: 

Summary: A documentation thingie is coming soon--I'm almost done. My e-mail box is at 3 unanswered mails. Social schedule has continued to calm down this month versus the first half of the year. A few social plans I had got postponed or canceled, so not as much activity as I'd originally hoped.


OTHER GOALS:

Summary: I finally got the information I was waiting for on a debt collection on behalf of my mother, but as per usual, "we'll follow up if they don't reply in two weeks!" has turned into more than three weeks with them also ignoring my follow-up. Mom died well over a year ago now and I still can't resolve everything despite how on top of it I've been throughout the process. Unfortunately it feels like when you're trying to do a group project in school and everyone else refuses to do their part.

Back-burner projects like my plaster pillar painting are still waiting. I put some of the unsold items from my mom's statues and candy jars up on eBay but no takers so far.

The last appointment I wanted to get for this year is making it to the dentist, but I haven't scheduled it.

Time-wasting has mostly defaulted to reading and watching news and playing mindless games while listening to the news. I would like to do less of this. I haven't fallen back into the same time-wasters I gave up at the beginning of the year but it's not necessarily better to just have different time-wasters. I have not picked up any of the TV shows I want to watch.

Will update again next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment