Saturday, September 7, 2024

Personal Digest Saturday: August 31 – September 6

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I worked on my So You Write comic in the morning, then went to get my Covid booster with Jeaux and accompanied him to get his oil changed. After I got home I finished the comic, took a nap, and made a Polo for my sister. Finished my blogging and went to bed early because the side effects were already hitting me.

  • Sunday I woke up after a terrible night's sleep because of the vaccine side effects. Got cold, got hot, got very achy and spent the whole day not feeling like eating. Got some singing practice done and did some submission homework.

  • Monday I had the day off for Labor Day. Caught up on laundry since I didn't feel like doing it the day before. Took some new photos of my Daylight Curfew jacket that I got a long while back and added it to my collections galleries. Also posted some fun photos of my 2019 Steven Universe Movie party because it was the five-year anniversary of its premiere. The post got super popular on Reddit. Took a nap, worked on my novel, did a karaoke recording, and did some reading while walking.

  • Tuesday was the grand return to work. Finally was able to get some crash data that was getting blocked from being sent to me because of server-side spam controls. Ran some utility tickets. Got some photos of jackets and sweaters photographed for the collections. Made an eye doctor appointment because my eye kept tearing up and it's been over a week. Fixed some stuff in my cookbook. Did some reading.

  • Wednesday I went to a marketing meeting and a debrief meeting. Did some maintenance and research. Talked to my probate lawyer and still no progress. Updated some collection images. Went on a quest for Mexican food with Jeaux before ending up at Grand Hacienda. Then we shopped, took a walk, saw Colbert, and watched one episode of Umbrella Academy.

  • Thursday involved a work meeting and project research. Later I wrote my webcomic's storyboard, wrote some blogs, drew a little, and went to game night with my friends. Finished reading Down Girl.

  • Friday I got up super early to go to my morning eye appointment. They found ingrown eyelashes that were causing the constant irritation and had to pluck them. All better! Went to work and did my timesheets and reports. Finished my comic, did some reading, and tried to condense nine pages of notes I took on the book I'd read into a reasonably sized review.

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: We have continued the pattern here of both the high and the low being lower. Good news. I recorded a high of 117.0 and a low of 115.4.
  • Nutrition stuff: Good balance mostly, but had one day where I didn't get enough protein because of where Jeaux and I went to dinner. Every day except one my fat intake was too low, so I will get that up next week. (I am not trying to reduce fat in my diet; I'd like to aim for the recommended balance or have more protein less carbs, but nothing drastic.) I am still regularly taking vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Friday at 10,017 steps, and my high day was Thursday at 14,610 steps.
Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Down Girl by Kate Manne. Five-star review.

  • Currently Reading: The Golden Enclaves by Naomi Novik. I'm on page 30.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" by Elton John.








    Stuff drawn:

    My monthly writing webcomic, So You Write:
     

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:


     

    #1008: ivy #313: follow the rules.


    Videos Made: 
     
    None.


    New photos:

    I took photos of my latest jacket, a group jacket photo, and a group jacket-and-sweater photo.

       

    Cool mushrooms I saw outside the store! 

     


    Social media counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,455 for swankivy (no change), 675 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 197 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 67 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 834 for swankivy (no change), 3,886 for JulieSondra (lost 4). Facebook: 296 friends for swankivy (lost 1--I unfriended an abandoned account that got hacked), 641 likes for JulieSondra (lost 2), 81 followers for Negative One (lost 1), 254 followers for So You Write (lost 2), 99 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (lost 1). Tumblr followers: 2,434 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 279 (no change). Threads followers: 72 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment