Saturday, November 5, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: October 29 – November 4

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I slept late and ate junk. Filmed a video and watched a bunch of The Office. Completed my blogging and did sketches for my webcomic for writers. Submitted a short story. Practiced music and tried to memorize new lyrics.

  • Sunday Dad picked me up for band practice and we caught up on all the happenings since we last saw each other. We had a good nuts-and-bolts working-stuff-out type of practice, and afterwards we had REALLY good food at Brio (I had gnocchi). After I got home I did laundry and trash, took a nap, watched The Office, colored my drawings, and worked on the next Not-So-Giant Women video (which has new art for season 2).

  • Monday involved two letters to go out (with a third that got dropped part of the way through the day). Also had to wrangle teaming arrangements and edit a report. After work I did some walking and then got dressed up in my Lapis costume (without the blue face paint this time) so I could answer the door for trick-or-treaters in costume. I gave out stickers, candy, and drinks. I played games with my friends and only had two groups of trick-or-treaters sadly. One of the kids recognized my costume though. ;) After games I did more music practice, got my walking done, and recorded a karaoke song.

  • Tuesday I dealt with utility coordination and reports and design tickets. Started working on my photo albums page again. Put away my laundry and practiced music. Wrote a little tiny bit of my in-progress novel but decided I needed to reread it all first. Posted my Not-So-Giant Women episode.

  • Wednesday was mostly spent on a transcript for an upcoming interview, plus some utility stuff. Talked to Tony and cleaned up the house a little. Jeaux took me to Mahoney's Irish Pub--they didn't have much for me to eat and the sauce was too spicy. Afterwards we grocery shopped, caught up on Colbert, watched an episode of The Office where Colbert guest starred, and did our walking.

  • Thursday I did some reports. Worked on my photo albums page, watched The Office, took some naps, and worked on my book a little more. Wrote some podcast outlines and my webcomic storyboard.

  • Friday I spent half the day on utility stuff and the other half on administrative stuff and reports. After work I did some walking, got another episode of Not-So-Giant Women edited (but not posted), and got my webcomic finished, leaving just enough time to get the rest of my steps in. Stayed up working on photo albums again and went to sleep at a ridiculous time.
New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Well, I've just been eating up my Halloween candy and going on munchie binges in the nighttime hours, so I'm not surprised that the scale has reflected that. High weight: 120.2. Low weight: 118.3.
  • Nutrition stuff: Not doing so well with protein and as usual I'm out of balance with fats vs. carbohydrates. Lately I've just been trying to consume snacks that are STILL in the house and those happen to be a lot of tortilla chips. Still consistently taking the vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Friday at 10,066 steps, and my high day was Monday at 10,928 steps.
Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: You Too? by Janet Gurtler. I'm on page 64.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Can't Stop" by Red Hot Chili Peppers.



    Stuff drawn:



    Webcomic So You Write Issue 137: "D Plot." 









    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0912: "Excavation." 



    Videos Made:

    Letters to an Asexual #96 ("asexuality helps with population control!") is up. This is #96 of a series in which I read correspondence between me and people who have questions, comments, or--more often--misconceptions about asexuality. In this video, I feature a discussion with a man who believes asexuality helps society by cutting down on overpopulation and that it represents rationality and logic when contrasted with people who desire sex.



    Not-So-Giant Women Episode 53: Full Disclosure is up. Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Full Disclosure" and cover such topics as the intimidating future events bearing down on the Crystal Gems, the ambiance of a wrecked town after the battle, Steven's hero's burden vibe and why he does NOT have to be 90s Batman, Ronaldo's brooding encouragement, the effect of Gem catastrophes on the Beach City residents, Connie's determination to provide support and continue the friendship, the Gems' perspective on isolation from humans, Steven's lasting injury, the threat Peridot poses, and Amethyst's refusal to commit to life as a moat crocodile.


    New photos:

    Band photo!


    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,421 for swankivy (lost 3), 674 for JulieSondra (lost 1), 18 for v & V Vids (no change), 164 for Not-So-Giant Women (3 new), 33 for Tides of Time Band (1 new). Twitter followers: 899 for swankivy (lost 7), 3,425 for JulieSondra (lost 22)--lots of people are quitting Twitter because of Musk, so that's why my stats took a nosedive. I didn't even tweet this week so it can't be anything I said. Facebook: 295 friends for swankivy (no change), 636 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 81 followers for Negative One (no change), 237 likes for So You Write (no change), 91 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,445 (no change). Instagram followers: 245 (no change).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment