Saturday, March 26, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: March 19 – March 25

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I got up and watched the rest of Amphibia that I hadn't seen. I took a break between seasons to do my blogging and daily stuff. Also took a couple walks in between episodes so I wouldn't turn into a lump. It was nice to spend some time just not doing anything, and now I'm caught up and don't have to worry about being spoiled. Though honestly I kinda could have done without this show, it isn't the kind of thing I gravitate toward.

  • Sunday I got up early but Dad still showed up before I was done with breakfast. Hah. And I had to catch a spider. We went to our band practice and got a bunch of stuff accomplished, and ended up adding a bunch of songs to work on before the next practice. Dad took me out for sushi like we usually do and then at home I took a long nap before starting my Sunday chores. I did get the trash out and laundry started, and listened to the new songs we're going to do (I wasn't familiar with ANY of them except one).

  • Monday involved a morning meeting and wrangling utilities, my faaaavorite thing. Did some video chats and recorded a karaoke song (one of the new songs, which was very easy to learn). I took another long nap and got up to play games with my friends. After, I studied more songs and talked to my sister while putting away laundry.

  • Tuesday my boss woke me up with last-minute plans to get a proposal out, but then he changed his mind because the client will probably pick a bigger company. I spent the day with utilities again. Spent some more time on music learning and I also recorded a new ukulele song while wearing costumes!

  • Wednesday I put out small fires at work. I redecorated for the new season now that the equinox has passed. And I practiced music again. I got tired early. Jeaux picked me up and took me to grocery shopping and eating at McAlister's (takeout). We got to see the new episode of The Owl House and our usual Colbert and silly videos to show each other. We took a walk and after Jeaux left I messed around online. He and I wore the same Steven Universe shirt by accident. I got a call from my boss in the late evening saying one of our coworkers has died. She had been sick for a long time but we weren't expecting that. Very sad.

  • Thursday was more meetings about utilities. A lot is happening at once and it seems like three different projects all need my attention at the same time so I'm busy. I also had to proofread a letter. I did a bunch of music practice and at this point I'm just trying to memorize everything so I can be super comfortable with all our music. Victor called as usual and nothing's really changed but he might be on his way to getting someplace to live.

  • Friday we had more meetings and more utility stuff to deal with. And I had to do my reports and timesheets and some support documents for something that's due Monday. And I spent the afternoon and evening going back and forth between working on my webcomic and working on memorizing music. Did some reading before bed.
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

  • "For Some Couples, Sex Isn't a Priority" was published in Psychology Today. A marriage & family therapist and certified sex therapist describes a concerned doctor referring a couple to him saying the wife was in DESPERATE need of psychotherapy because the married couple wasn't having sex, even though neither partner was particularly concerned about it. The therapist referenced my book in discussing the possibility of asexuality while noting there was nothing wrong with this couple and suggesting medical practitioners are irresponsible for treating this like a crisis.
Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: I've been a little less restrictive with high-sugar foods this week (translation: I ate a lot of candy), so I'm not too surprised that I got a new high weight this week. (That said, at least it was early in the week and has come down since.) High weight: 119.5. Low weight: 117.1.
  • Nutrition stuff: I haven't been very good with the "green foods" stuff this week--I've missed a few days, and need to do better with getting those spinach smoothies in for better nutrition. But I'm still taking my vitamins daily and the balance of my nutrients is good.
  • Activity stuff: I met my step goal every day this week by a LOT--I'm doing a lot of walking around while practicing music so I didn't have trouble meeting my goals this week. My low day was Sunday at 10,454 steps, and my high day was Friday at 21,316 steps. (I also had an 18,000+ day and another 20,000+ day.)
    Books Read: 

    • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

    • Currently reading: Dirty Job by Christopher Moore. I'm on page 23.

      New singing performances:

      My cosplay singing with Greg and Rose's song "What Can I Do (For You)"--I do both parts in a duet.



      This week's karaoke song is "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.



      Stuff drawn:




      Webcomic Negative One Issue 0880: "How to Help." 





      New videos:

      None.

      New photos:

      None.

      Social Media Counts: 

      YouTube subscribers: 5,343 for swankivy (1 new), 673 for JulieSondra (1 new), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 138 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 927 for swankivy (1 new), 2,631 for JulieSondra (7 new). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (no change), 635 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 235 likes for So You Write (no change), 89 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,463 (no change). Instagram followers: 243 (no change).


      No comments:

      Post a Comment