Saturday, March 5, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: February 26 – March 4

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I did some blogging earlier in the day, went outside to walk for a while, wrote some tweets, did some reading, and made a video for YouTube. Ended up having to redo the video because I had already covered the subject and forgot. Wow! Drew some art for my band and made some logos while talking to my friend Yasmin on the phone. And read a liveblog as a reward for finishing my stuff.

  • Sunday I ate two breakfasts in preparation for a long band rehearsal. But it wasn't that long. My dad picked me up and we practiced some of the songs that we had been having a rougher time with. During a break the band looked at my logo samples and they really liked one of them seemingly unanimously. Cool! Dad took me out for sushi again before taking me home. Then I did laundry, took out the trash, took a walk, cleaned the patio table and swept the patio, and took a long nap. Recorded a karaoke song and planned a webcomic.

  • Monday there was a surprise letter at work. Mostly worked on that and some background tasks. Drew pencil drawings for my webcomic and tried to memorize song lyrics. Met my friends on Discord to play games and finished coloring my drawings. Posted the comic and worked on a podcast episode until bed.

  • Tuesday I helped coworkers with small tasks and organized some stuff. Took some walks. Talked to my mom on the phone. Made some more recordings of old tapes. Couldn't find the one I wanted and didn't even find it in my old memory boxes. Boo! Worked on photo album project for a while in between preparing writing submissions.

  • Wednesday I helped some folks with files at work. Did more writing submittals and took some walks. Filled out medical forms for the next day's appointment. Made an appointment for my mom's taxes. Jeaux took me to grocery shopping and Five Guys. We watched some Colbert and some videos with commentary on bad internet behavior.

  • Thursday I had a morning doctor's appointment and went back to work after. Attended meetings for a proposal. Worked on my webcomic. Victor called and told me about another hospital stay. I ate soup after getting off the phone and went to bed.

  • Friday I had several meetings and was busy with the proposal. I stayed late to put out fires and build the documents. I drew my comics and posted the webcomic pretty early, then chatted with Jeaux. Had a lot of chill time before bed.
New Reviews:

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Still going in the right direction, yay. High weight: 117.1. Low weight: 116.5.
  • Nutrition stuff: Continued success with having a green food every day. Still a good balance with protein versus carbs versus fat. Having a little more issues with protein lately for some reason--I think I've realized some of my favorite protein stuff has a lot of fat and in cutting back on that I'm getting less protein than I want to. But it's still very much in the reasonable range.
  • Activity stuff: I met my step goal every day this week! My low day was Monday at 10,589 steps, and my high day was Friday at 16,629 steps.
    Finished Reading: 

    • Nothing this week.

    • Currently reading: Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow. I'm on page 334.

      New singing performances:

      This week's karaoke song is "You Surround Me" by Erasure.



      Stuff drawn:

      Original drawings and computer-manipulated versions of them when I was fooling around with art for band logos:



      And the logo everyone liked:





      Webcomic So You Write Issue 129: "Persistence." 












      Webcomic Negative One Issue 0877: "Stay Small." 





      New videos:

      Letters to an Asexual #88 ("Asexuality isn't FAIR to those who want you!") is out! This is #88 of a series in which I read correspondence between me and people who have questions, comments, or--more often--misconceptions about asexuality. In this video, I share one conversation with a man who compared not being able to have me to not being able to adopt a dog in the window, and one long tweet thread on a similar topic when people (mostly men) think it's selfish of me to be unwilling to give every interested person (well, really just them) a fair chance at winning my heart.



      New photos:

      None.

      Social Media Counts: 

      YouTube subscribers: 5,339 for swankivy (lost 11), 673 for JulieSondra (lost 1), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 136 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new). Twitter followers: 926 for swankivy (no change), 2,610 for JulieSondra (25 new). Facebook: 297 friends for swankivy (no change), 636 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 235 likes for So You Write (lost 1), 89 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (3 new). Tumblr followers: 2,463 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 244 (no change).


      No comments:

      Post a Comment