Saturday, January 22, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: January 15 – January 21

Life news this week:

  • Saturday was a lovely Meghan day! I got up late and we had breakfast, then went to Orlando to visit a botanical garden. It was lovely weather and we loved it. Then we went to the Daytona area to visit Buc-ee's because I had never been to one, and I bought a bunch of junk food. I got unreasonably mad about snacks in a gas station on the way there because I couldn't find anything I wanted. I guess I was hangry. Buc-ee's was actually better than I hoped! Except for all the maskless wieners in there. I got a grilled cheese sandwich there and we ate in the car on the way back. Lovely time with the BFF. At home we chilled and watched the movie Inside Out, which I had never seen. We also frosted our birthday cake and had some.

  • Sunday I got up less late than the day before. We hung out and had breakfast and Meggie opened her presents (she loved them!) and we tried some of the Buc-ee's snacks. After she left I took care of my trash and laundry. I played around on the computer for a bit and checked in at work because of a deadline. Then I had more cake and got my steps in updating my sister about my weekend. Uploaded some photos and watched reactions and sang karaoke.

  • Monday I did not have the day off, even though it was MY BIRTHDAY. I'm 44! Did the rest of my data entry at work and had cake for breakfast. Made a long thread about expectations of women's appearances on Twitter, and had a not-so-pleasant conversation with a friend. Ronni sent me a nice birthday message on Marco Polo so I guess I have another Polo friend! And I played games with my friends and I won a lot--they joked that people must be texting me answers so I could win for my birthday. I opened some of my presents and got some cool stuff--a cute dress and plant holders from my sister, and a snack box from Fred and Kathy.

  • Tuesday work was kinda Mondayish because some of our deadlines had been moved to Tuesday. I had to work on two letters and my data but it all got done. Also had to wrangle a proposal. Exchanged more Polos and did online errands. I worked on my podcast. Ate too many Beaver Nuggets from Buc-ee's and ordered my free Covid tests. A couple more presents came--markers from Meggie, a book, a decorative bowl, and some pens from Ronni, and a dress from my dad.

  • Wednesday I dealt with a proposal and had to call a support person because an online portal was behaving badly. (It was someone else's fault.) And did more data entry. Did some Polos with birthday girl Meggie. Finished podcast editing and got a new episode up. After work Jeaux picked me up and we got Chinese food and groceries, and I got to open my presents from him (he got me a mandoline and a new kitchen scale). I worked on an e-mail before sleeping.

  • Thursday was more data entry and preparing a PowerPoint for an upcoming presentation. Wrote a storyboard for my comic and worked until Victor called. He had finally been released from the hospital (8 days) but told me some pretty bad stories. Ate my dinner and drew some pictures and went to bed.

  • Friday I got up on the late side and worked with my team on the presentation some more, plus updates on data entry. I submitted a proposal and dealt with data entry the rest of the day. Yasmin called in the evening and we chatted a bit. I finished my comic and posted it and spent some time relaxing on Twitter and playing games before bed.

Interviews, Articles, Mentions:

  • Cody Daigle-Orians had an interview with GeeksOUT in which he mentions my book. I consider him a friend and great content creator so that was nice of him. :)
Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Since I had some birthday treats, I didn't really expect to go back down this week, and I've had a weird amount of hunger. Despite that, I've had a slightly lower average this week. High weight: 118.7. Low weight: 117.1.
  • Nutrition stuff: It seems like I'm getting the right amount of protein and then the balance between carbs and fat is always off--I'm having too much fat in my diet and not enough carbs, if you can believe that. Though this week there was a lot of fancy treats so I am not too worried about it! I am going to be cutting down on cheese but maintaining most other things and working more on the veggies in the upcoming weeks, but I still did okay with including diverse nutrition and somewhat consistent vegetables. Not so much on fruits so I could do better on that, and I am continuing to take my vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my step goal every day this week. I was surprised it was still a stretch on Saturday because we walked around the botanical gardens, but I still needed more steps when I got home! My low day was Tuesday at 10,026 steps, and my high day was Thursday at 15,451 steps.
Finished Reading: 

  • Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow. I'm on page 125.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon and Garfunkel.



    Stuff drawn:




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0871: "Something That Stings." 







    New videos:

    Not-So-Giant Women #30: Island Adventure is out! Join Daria and Ivy as they watch and talk about "Island Adventure" and cover such topics as Sadie and Lars's abusive relationship dynamic, more about how warp pads work, whether anyone missed Sadie, Lars, or Steven while they were gone, the "Sadie hid the Warp Pad" reveal, Sadie's badassery, theories about the invisible Gem monster, Amethyst's fly impression and Garnet's approval, the difference between context-dependent and non-context-dependent songs in the show, and who the gayest Gem might be.




    New photos:

    Botanical Gardens photos:










    Buc-ee's photo and the haul:



    Cake Photos:




    And my first selfie at age 44:



    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,350 for swankivy (3 new), 672 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 133 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 923 for swankivy (no change), 2,431 for JulieSondra (64 new). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (no change), 635 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 233 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,464 (no change). Instagram followers: 248 (1 new).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment