Saturday, January 8, 2022

Personal Digest Saturday: January 1 – January 7

Life news this week:

  • Saturday I kicked off the new year right by sleeping in and getting some rest. I worked on my blogging and updating all the bad links from my karaoke page (when SingSnap changed their platform earlier in the year, a lot of the older songs had their links change and it destroyed most of the ten-plus-year history of my songs, so it was hundreds of links to update). Then I made a quiz for Amino and took a nice walk outside talking to Meggie. I also ate too much crap so all my chips and dip disappeared.

  • Sunday I got up late and after breakfast I played Dance Dance Revolution for the first time in a while. Then I went out to the AT&T store to buy a new phone, but they didn't have the one I was looking for so we ordered it to my house. I went shopping at CVS and went home, then worked on trash, laundry, and karaoke. I messed around with some website stuff but didn't actually get anything done. Talked on Omegle just for a lark and ended up connecting with a young writer who also likes the cartoons I like. We followed each other on Tumblr.

  • Monday it was back to work after the holiday and it was nowhere near as busy as I was expecting. I had to work on a letter but there was no drama. Also participated in a planning meeting for a proposal. Spent some time working on the photos website. Then went to game night after work and saw my friends. Later I caught up with my sister on Polo and worked on my photos page more.

  • Tuesday work involved the proposal and some utilities work. I worked on my website and when my new phone arrived in the mail I initiated all the changeover procedures. My new phone is the Samsung A32 5G. I took a walk while talking to Jeaux and the new phone picked up where my old one left off counting my steps. :)

  • Wednesday I had a couple meetings (one internal, one with potential client) and set up my next data entry task. Later I worked on the photos site some more. Jeaux came in the evening and we did our usual grocery shopping and ate takeout from SoFresh. Then we watched Colbert and Infinity Train and took a walk. After he left I worked on the photos site more.

  • Thursday my morning meeting was canceled. I spent the day doing my data entry task and also put together some utilities contacts for a job. Then later I did some Polos and some cleanup in the house. I worked on the photos site some more and finally got the conventions album done. (It goes back to the 1990s.) Got half of Negative One drawn also. Victor didn't call like he usually does but I still managed to get a lot done. And I sent an e-mail that finally got my e-mail box into the single digits--I have 9 waiting e-mails. This is after spending most of last year with over 1200 e-mails in my box (and I don't mean junk mail at all). Looking at that 9 is surreal.

  • Friday I got up late but didn't miss my meeting. We did some more proposal planning and I tried to help my coworker with a grant account. Did some more data entry on the project and some report databases. Later I worked on Negative One while listening to the news. Then I was done early so I played Dance Dance Revolution again and took a shower and caught up on Polos again. I received some really cute air plants for an early birthday present from my sister! Yay!

Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Now that I've more or less finished off the leftovers and weird food that's not usually in my house, I hope to be able to go back on a normal diet, because I'm concerned about the scale going up again. Let's hope I see better numbers next week. High weight: 118.7. Low weight: 117.9.
  • Nutrition stuff: I've kept up with my vitamins, but haven't been doing as much to keep any eye on my nutritional goals. I've been doing pretty well with my protein/fat/carbohydrate balance and have been including carrots and spinach in my diet a lot.
  • Activity stuff: Walking goals have been met every day except one day I got very close and didn't quite make it. I still consider it to be a successful week, plus I did DDR two of the days. My low day was Tuesday at 9,321 steps, and my high day was Monday at 12,960 steps.
Finished Reading: 

  • Nothing this week.

  • Currently reading: Catch and Kill by Ronan Farrow. I'm on page 125.

    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Ironbound/Fancy Poultry" by Suzanne Vega.



    Stuff drawn:




    Webcomic Negative One Issue 0869: "Future Carrots." 







    New videos:

    None.

    New photos:

    No new photos yet this year!

    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,343 for swankivy (lost 7), 672 for JulieSondra (lost 1), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 133 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change). Twitter followers: 923 for swankivy (1 new), 2,369 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 298 friends for swankivy (no change), 635 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 80 followers for Negative One (no change), 233 likes for So You Write (no change), 86 likes for Not-So-Giant-Women (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,464 (1 new). Instagram followers: 247 (lost 1).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment