Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wednesday Factoid: Everyday Superpower

Today's Wednesday Factoid is: What's your everyday superpower? (e.g., a thing you do at parties, a talent that impresses people, or a special skill others rely on you for)

I guess an easy answer for me is typing--I'm faster than almost everyone I know (and with the ones who might be close to my typing speed, it would be a bitter contest to prove who's faster). Recently, when I was looking for a job, one of the requirements to apply was submitting a recent typing test. I did so during the wee hours of the morning, and the company called me a few hours later, interviewed me, and offered me a job the same day. (I didn't take the job but ya know. Fun story.) 

But I think a better "everyday superpower" for me is probably remembering stuff. I don't do memory tricks like reciting pi or spitting out what date something obscure happened, but I'm the go-to person for remembering kind of miscellaneous everything. My friends and family ask me for random facts, vocabulary words, people's names, passwords . . . but more than that, I always know where to find things if I have to get them for someone. (And sometimes I'll just know it. Like, you want that recipe? I could send you the link, or just write it down for you right now.)

To be honest, I mostly just use it for cartoon trivia. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment