- Saturday was intensely productive for some reason. If you consider it "productive" to clean and vacuum my whole house. I'd been meaning to do it for a long time because the hairballs on my carpet were irritating me. (I am the person shedding to make the hairballs, not cats.) I also got my place redecorated (late) for the next season, did laundry, made and ate tofu with sunflower butter, and made some biscotti to give to my mom.
- Sunday I had my mom over and made her whole grain with chia seed pancakes, did two music covers, and talked to my sister briefly. Sadly, this is also the day when my BFF Meghan's stepdad died. Really really awful. I talked to her briefly in the evening. I also drew a picture of Garnet in golf pants.
- Monday nothing really happened. I helped my boss with a letter at work, got a ride home, did grocery shopping on my bike, went home, and fell asleep until morning.
- Tuesday I did a lot of work at the office and got another ride home from my co-worker. I drew some fanart of Steven and Peridot sleeping, and did birthday shopping for Jeaux.
- Wednesday one of my posts got a feature on the Amino app so I talked to some new people who liked my stuff. I read manga on the bus and ate Five Guys food with Jeaux. We listened to Welcome to Night Vale and watched Aivi and Surasshu, the composers for Steven Universe, revealing the track listing on the upcoming soundtrack which will release June 2.
- Thursday we had a really long meeting at work. The good: we ordered sandwiches. The bad: the air conditioning was broken, so that three-hour meeting was REALLY HOT. Also the office folks had an interview in the morning, so we're crossing our fingers that we won some work. When I got home I played the ukulele and talked to Victor while drawing my comic, and I posted a fanart drawing of Lapis Lazuli sleeping in a hammock with Steven.
- Friday at work was mostly uneventful, though I got a bunch of stuff done. I got a ride home AGAIN and managed to get my comic posted while watching Rebecca Sugar, creator of Steven Universe, talk on the New York Times Facebook Live feed.
Interviews, articles, mentions:
- I'm quoted in Studio M's article "Relationships without 'asexual' requirement."
- Finished this week: Eyeshield 21: Volume 27 by Riichiro Inagaki and Yusuke Murata. Five-star review.
- Currently reading: The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle.
This week I performed "My Freeze Ray" from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
|Most of Garnet's solo missions are probably just|
her sneaking out to play golf in Steven's dad's pants.
|Steven's fanart of himself as a girl|
is basically just him with long hair.
Hooray for Nora Universe.
|A very regimented sleep with Peridot.|
|Lapis and Steven in the hammock.|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0627: "Quieting."
My latest unlisted ukulele video is "I Could Never Be Ready" from Steven Universe. Very sweet song about the overwhelmingness of becoming a parent.
|Lemon biscotti made for Mom|
|Pancakes with strawberries for Mother's Day|
|My sunflower tofu--was very tasty!|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,307 for swankivy (no change), 641 for JulieSondra (1 new). Twitter followers: 862 for swankivy (3 new), 1,334 for JulieSondra (4 new). Facebook: 292 friends (no change) and 208 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 54 likes for Negative One (no change), 125 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,495 (3 new). Instagram followers: 115 (1 new).