- Saturday was the highly anticipated FREE COMIC BOOK DAY! I met Victor at a Starbucks and we ran into Eric on our way to the first comic shop, Heroes Haven, so he drove us there. We got free comix and also saw Jeaux there! Then we went to Demolition Comics, then Nerd Out Comics, then Green Shift, all on the bus. And THEN we bused out to Brandon Mall! We got all kinds of great stuff and also he bought me dinner at a restaurant, and I got some nice drawings done too. He convinced me to take an Uber home after we got back into Tampa, because it was dark and he was worried about me getting home safe. It was a good day except I was very tired and fell asleep quickly when I got home.
- Sunday I did my music experiments and more drawings, and watched some cartoon reactions. Mom came over later and hung out a little while I drew.
- Monday I worked on a letter of response at work and at lunch I drew pictures of Steven Universe episodes. The episodes had already been released the week before on their cartoon app, so I'd seen them, but Monday was the beginning of a broadcast event so I doodled episode-related images of each and posted them to Facebook and Instagram each day around the airing (and also to get my friends to talk to me about the cartoons, haha).
- Tuesday I had to make a transcript for an interview to help my coworkers so that kept me busy most of the day. Then I came home and Mom came over and took me to Outback for dinner. It was my sister's birthday so I talked to her very briefly on the Facebook video chat! Nice to see her and her son.
- Wednesday I wrote a letter to Jessie and hung out with Jeaux after work. We ate at Vallarta's and I read him some feminist news. After he left I drew part of a picture for the next day's episode but while looking for a character reference I accidentally ran into another early-release episode on the cartoon app from the next season! So of course I badgered Jeaux to watch it and he did and I ended up awake until after 3 AM because cartoons.
- Thursday I was SUPER tired because of cartoon fiascos. I ran into a guy I'd met previously at the bus stop and we chatted more about writing and he says he's moving away. After work (and chatting with my first Pitch Wars mentee about cartoons), I went to Fresh Market for special food and invited my mom to a Mother's Day thing for Sunday. And I talked to Victor while drawing my webcomic.
- Friday at work was mostly uneventful. After work I had to finish my comic and I posted it and just watched cartoon reactions afterwards.
- Elizabeth Ponds gave it a five-star review on Goodreads.
- Emily gave it a three-star review on Goodreads.
Interviews, articles, mentions:
- redbeardace on Tumblr posted a photo of some ace books in the wild, including a couple copies of my book.
- The Asexual Agenda linked to my post about ace rep in SF/F in their weekly linkspam.
- My book was recommended in this thread and this thread on AVEN.
- Finished this week: The Conscience of a Liberal by Paul Krugman. Four-star review.
- Currently reading: Eyeshield 21: Volume 27 by Riichiro Inagaki and Yusuke Murata.
This week I performed "Babooshka" by Kate Bush.
|Chill wife sleepy pic: It's Sapphire with Steven. I drew some of this on a bus.|
|"Poster" for "Lion 4: Alternate Ending."|
|"Poster" for "Doug Out."|
|"Poster" for "The Good Lars."|
|"Poster" for "Are You My Dad?" and "I Am My Mom."|
Webcomic Negative One Issue 0626: "What You Want to Say."
My latest unlisted ukulele video is "1234" by Feist.
|Selfie with the Joker at Demolition Comics.|
|Victor with the Joker at Demolition.|
|Victor snapped this.|
|Some bus ridin' fools going to Free Comic Book Day events.|
|Victor took my pic on the bus on our way somewhere.|
|Lookit all those free comics!|
|My co-worker brought heart-shaped donuts.|
|Random coffee selfie.|
|My belly gem thingie came in for the Stevonnie cosplay I'm doing in August!|
|(If you've never seen the character, this is Stevonnie.)|
Social Media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,307 for swankivy (lost 2), 640 for JulieSondra (3 new). Twitter followers: 859 for swankivy (lost 2), 1,330 for JulieSondra (no change). Facebook: 292 friends (no change) and 207 followers (1 new) for swankivy, 652 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 54 likes for Negative One (lost 1), 125 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,492 (12 new). Instagram followers: 114 (2 new).