Life news this week:
- Saturday Jeaux picked me up and took me with him to do a work thing and then we ate at Vallarta's. Then we came back to my place and played a video game he wanted to play but needs a partner for. It's called Split Fiction. It was pretty hard for me to play but he was patient. After he left I recorded some Polos for my friends and did my blogging.
- Sunday I woke up thinking it was Monday. Glad to have another weekend day! I planned a video and did my aerobics early, and then talked to my friend Sarah on the phone while doing laundry and trash chores. Then I recorded my planned video, reread some of my book, and listened to the full episode of a feature-length humorous science fiction audio piece that I had a nice long scene in. Check it out if you want to hear me as the voice of a quantum computer. Then my friend Kari came over and we caught up and watched Bojack Horseman. After she left I read and put away laundry and got the rest of my steps.
- Monday I thought I would be buried in proposal stuff but it didn't happen. I had to work on a letter. Later I watched a show called The Residence that my friend Sarah said she wanted me to watch. Also read some of a book, processed my new video, and did a BUNCH of writing on the new project.
- Tuesday work involved some false starts--we couldn't complete a proposal and the new timesheet tracking system my boss was trying to get started was not working right. We had some meetings and I did data entry, and found out we did not win the project I had to go to the interview for a couple weeks back. I took a nap after work, watched more of The Residence, walked, exercised, and read over my story. Also submitted a short story and got shortlisted on a voice-over job.
- Wednesday there were two more meetings and I did some utility stuff and some data entry. I wrote my storyboard for my So You Write comic, sent out a query, and did some walking, reading, sending Polos, and dishes. Then I went to Burger 21 with Jeaux, shopping at the grocery store and drugstore, and shared silly stuff with each other. I sketched out the writing comic and posted my new video. And the shortlisting for the voice-over job got upgraded to a selection. I have a new role! (And it's a significant part.)
- Thursday I got started bright and early knocking out the last of my data entry, and also did project research. After work I wrote my Negative One storyboard and finished coloring So You Write. I watched more of The Residence while walking, did aerobics, sent out another short story, and went to game night with my friends. I finished all my Negative One drawings and relaxed with word games.
- Friday I did reports, a transcript, cleanup data entry, and utility stuff at work. Then after, I processed my webcomic, took a nap, packed my bag and planned my outfit for Metrocon, and did a bunch of reading. I did a bunch of active brainstorming for my story but I didn't write anything new. Worked on blogging stuff so there wouldn't be as much to catch up on on Saturday.
Interviews, Articles, Mentions:
- Nick Carlson Press made a video about Gloria Tesch (yes, in 2026!) and referenced some of my old contributions a video I made about why this author and her family were harmful and dishonest. I get called "pretty funny" in it. Score!
New Reviews:
- Victoria Frost gave The Invisible Orientation a four-star review on Goodreads.
Health Plan Update:
- Nutrition stuff: I got my three servings of fruits and veggies every day this week, and I only met my protein goals 3 out of 7 days. I paid a little more attention to trying to get the right amount of protein this week but I failed. (That said, two of the other days I was just under my goal.) I am still taking my vitamins.
- Activity stuff: I'm continuing to do DDR or aerobics every other day. I made my 10,000-step walking goal every day this week. Based on my phone's app, my low day was Tuesday at 10,086 steps, and my high day was Saturday at 10,482 steps.
Books Read:
- Finished Reading: None this week.
- Currently Reading: The Reckoning of Roku by Randy Ribay. I'm on page 197.
Stuff drawn:
My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:
Videos Made:
New photos:
Social media counts:
YouTube subscribers: 5,442 for swankivy (6 new), 674 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 215 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new), 67 for Tides of Time Band (no change) 10 for Vinyl Impact Band (no change). Twitter followers: 738 for swankivy (no change), 3,334 for JulieSondra (1 new). Facebook: 285 friends for swankivy (no change), 623 likes for JulieSondra (1 new), 79 followers for Negative One (1 new), 242 followers for So You Write (no change), 100 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,407 (no change). Instagram followers: 316 (lost 1). Threads followers: 90 (no change). Bluesky Social. Bluesky followers: 473 (2 new).



No comments:
Post a Comment