Saturday, August 29, 2026

Personal Digest Saturday - August 22 – August 28

Life news this week:

  • Saturday it was nice to sleep in. I then spent the rest of the day cleaning up two things: my house, and my manuscript for "The Wagon." I wanted to straighten up the house because I was getting my pest control visit and I wanted them to be able to get into corners without "stuff" that had accumulated. So I cleaned up the game room, the kitchen, the living room, and the entryway. And for the story, I added in some description that wasn't there before and then it was back to cutting. I also did some Polo communication, some walking, and my blogging.

  • Sunday I had a successful day! Began working on the remaining cleaning tasks nice and early. Got all my toys cleaned up and organized/cleaned my office room and the hallway. Didn't have anything to do in the bedrooms because they weren't dirty. Then I did the dreaded garage clean-out while listening to musicals. Very happy with that! Also got laundry done and trash out. AND I played DDR. Kari came over in the evening and we shared pizza and caught up about her recent house-buying adventures. After she left I did a voice-over audition and worked on my short story editing.

  • Monday I had some usual work tasks like timesheets, meetings, proposals, and letters to edit. The pest control guy came and said whatever animal that's pooping in my garage is a squirrel. I don't know if that's right but that's what he said. Trying to investigate how to get it to not get in there anymore. I swept the garage out and cleaned the floor after that, and talked to my yard maintenance person Tony. Then after work I worked on "The Wagon" and finally got it back under 10K. Sent a Polo to Meg and finished reading a book.

  • Tuesday I had no sleep but I had meetings so I had to get up. I did a debrief and a meeting about a proposal. Also had to redo a proposal outline because it somehow got overwritten by something from last year?? I hate that. I took a walk to the post office to send eBay stuff and got really hot. Took a nap. Recorded songs for the band practice files and did some more editing on "The Wagon."

  • Wednesday I had more morning meetings. Had to change my access to remove view my work computer and the new program is way crappier but I don't have a choice. Did some utility stuff for a project. I've had an ongoing throat issue for a while (like a mild sore throat that comes and goes and just kinda feels like there's something swollen going on on one side) so I finally made a doctor's appointment to get it checked out. Swept more critter poop out of my garage because nobody's responded yet to the work request. Sent in a query. Jeaux came over and we went to Five Below to see if I could get the rare charm I'm looking for but I was STILL unsuccessful! We ate at our favorite place, Vallarta's, and then went to the grocery store to spend too much money. After we hung out a little at my house and he left, I watched silly things on the internet.

  • Thursday was a frustrating day. I had my doctor's appointment and got examined by one of the docs I don't usually get to see, and she said she was "not worried" about my throat issue because there are no signs it's anything serious but she was "curious" about it so she referred me for an ultrasound. I got the ultrasound later the same day and they notified me later in the same day (again) that it was "negative" (for what?). And basically just told me to take aspirin and "use ice packs." Ice packs for a sore throat? That's weird. I followed up and managed to get them to refer me to an ENT but I have to wait until next week. Boo. At work in between appointments I had to work on a proposal that was due Friday, and I wrote my comic and played games at game night with my pals. Did one more once-over on "The Wagon" and submitted it to a submissions call. Chatted to a friend on Discord.

  • Friday I got up early to deal with the proposal and we had a bunch of back and forth but got it turned in in plenty of time. Also made the skeleton for the next (very similar) proposal. I went in the garage to check on the critter situation and I think I heard it moving in the garage! I got freaked out and ran away. Later I put my bird camera in the garage to see if I could catch video of what it is but I haven't managed to yet. It is really pooping all over the place. It's horrible. After work I made a post about my extra keychain charms and sold a couple. I did some reading, listened to some music for the band, and finished my webcomic drawings and posted. Also sent in a voice-over audition but didn't get much else done.
Health Plan Update:

  • Nutrition stuff: I got my three servings of fruits and veggies every day this week. I again focused on meeting my protein goals and managed to do it 5 days out of 7! (One of those was of course the restaurant day, and the other was the day Kari and I had pizza.) I am still taking my vitamins.

  • Activity stuff: I'm continuing to do DDR or aerobics every other day. I made my 10,000-step walking goal every day this week. Based on my phone's app, my low day was Thursday at 10,099 steps, and my high day was Saturday at 12,062 steps.
Books Read: 
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Rockin' in the Free World" by the Neil Young.


    Stuff drawn:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:

       


    Videos Made: 

    None.

    New photos:

    My bad photo of the lunar eclipse


    Social media counts:

    YouTube subscribers: 5,458 for swankivy (1 new), 674 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 214 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 67 for Tides of Time Band (no change) 10 for Vinyl Impact Band (no change). Twitter followers: 736 for swankivy (no change), 3,322 for JulieSondra (lost 5). Facebook: 284 friends for swankivy (no change), 622 likes for JulieSondra (lost 1), 79 followers for Negative One (no change), 243 followers for So You Write (1 new), 100 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (1 new). Tumblr followers: 2,407 (lost 1). Instagram followers: 325 (3 new). Threads followers: 90 (no change). Bluesky Social. Bluesky followers: 484 (2 new).




    No comments:

    Post a Comment