Saturday, January 27, 2024

Personal Digest Saturday: January 20 – January 26

Life news this week:

  • Saturday continued the Megstravaganza. She and I went to St. Pete for some art museum fun, and then we had sushi at Lemongrass and rested at my house for a while before going out to shop for a jacket at Target and out to dinner at Mandola's. I brought my plants inside because I was afraid of them getting zapped by the cold.

  • Sunday it was finally cold enough in my house that I turned the heat on. Meg and I had coffee and then met Adam for brunch at Brunchies. We got our birthday gifts from him and hung out a while chatting. Then after a little bit of chilling at my place, Meg went home and I started laundry. Unfortunately the plumbing issue got even worse and both my bathtubs had water backing up into them. I was very frustrated because no matter what I do I don't seem to be able to get this issue addressed even though the first time I reported it was in OCTOBER. I just began hardcore trying to get my community manager's attention with texts, e-mails, and voicemails, plus calling the plumber directly and trying to find someone else associated with my community management to help me. Hours later I finally got a message that suggested he was on the case (although he was acting like the issue was actually caused by me not communicating properly, somehow). I spent the evening catching up on book reviews, photo posting, and blogging, and when I went to bed the plumbing issue was not resolved.

  • Monday I got a call saying my house doesn't have a septic tank after all, despite that I had been told it did when I moved in in 2017. (It did have one, but it had since been bypassed to the city sewer system. Therefore the problem cannot be due to a full septic tank. They scheduled a plumber for Wednesday.) I knocked out a proposal package, edited a letter, went to a meeting, and updated some reports. My boss asked if I could draw some figures for the team on our interview the next day, and I agreed. After inviting some subconsultants to a team for our next effort, I went over to my mom's to sell a bed to a guy. Then I went home, cleaned my very gross shower out (it had been backed up with sewer water, so ya know, I don't want to use it without cleaning it), and used the shower very quickly in case it might back up again (it didn't). Took a weird nap, talked to Steve on Polo, and got ready for the interview.

  • Tuesday I sent a letter and some utility coordination reminders before heading out to DeLand with my boss for our interview. We chatted about work and life, and unfortunately we did not have enough time to meet the rest of the team for a meal or anything. We went into the interview and I did fine on drawing the figures on the white board (but it was too high up for me so I was on my tiptoes!) and answering the one question that applied to my work on the contract. I felt like it went okay and I hope we win the job. Afterwards my boss took me out for Mexican food and then we drove back. I jumped in to do some research and catch-up at home before calling it a night. Did some walking and Polos and ate an artichoke. My house got messy because I cannot do laundry.

  • Wednesday we had a meeting and I updated some stuff on our proposal that was due that day, and I did some updates, tracking, and debriefing stuff, as well as doing some data entry. The plumber came and snaked some pipes and said he thought my stuff should be good. (He was also a cool guy who liked my cartoon decorations.) Also had our community handyman here fixing my door. Unfortunately after I started doing laundry I still had weird bubbles popping up in the toilet (the initial complaint I reported). Great. It isn't fixed after all. Took a weird nap and then went out with Jeaux. We ate at Saki and shopped, then watched Colbert and took a walk.

  • Thursday there were more plumbers and they did more stuff. They said there are tree roots growing into the pipes. For now it's been cleared out but they need to do more work down there. I worked on our proposal and got it sent in, and then I took a walk to drop off some eBay purchases from Meg's stuff. Finished my data entry and wrote my comic. Played games with friends like usual. Then another eBay item sold so I packed it up, recorded a song, worked on Mom's taxes, and cleaned out Mom's e-mail.

  • Friday I worked on timesheets and reports all day. Took a walk to the post office again and dropped off the latest package. On the walk I called a realtor and we made an appointment to see the house. Also made some calls about taxes. After work I did my comic, researched some stuff for story submittals, did some reading and walking, and played my ukulele.

New Reviews:
Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: Still just kind of staying in the same range; negligibly lower. High weight: 122.6. Low weight: 121.6.
  • Nutrition stuff: Eating lots of fruit and veggies and getting great vitamins! I've had a sweet tooth lately and there is candy in my house, so that has been a little bit of extra sugar and stuff, but it's fine. Still consistently taking vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Tuesday at 10,231 steps, and my high day was Saturday at 11,693 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently Reading: The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik. I'm on page 29.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Heart of Gold" by Neil Young.



    Stuff drawn:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One#0976: dax #143: something to offer.


    Videos Made:

    None.

    New photos:

    My interview outfit

    Figures drawn during interview!



    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,448 for swankivy (1 new), 676 for JulieSondra (no change), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 196 for Not-So-Giant Women (no change), 70 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 845 for swankivy (lost 2), 3,872 for JulieSondra (lost 2). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 647 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 246 likes for So You Write (no change), 97 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,445 (no change). Instagram followers: 265 (1 new).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment