Thursday, February 1, 2024

January Goals Update

Now that we're into February, it's time for me to let everyone know how my resolutions for the year are going! A review of my goals:


1. Health Goals: I resolved to drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies, and walk at least 10,000 steps a day.
2. Personal Project Goals: I resolved to get digital photos sorted by the end of February and collect memorable bits from Facebook for my essays; resolved to work on writing or editing at least one day a week; resolved to relearn ukulele songs I've forgotten and learn new ones, and keep creating my regular webcomic and video content.
3. Reading Goals: I resolved to read at least twice a week.
4. Relationship and Communication Goals: I resolved to document daily life stuff more, keep up with e-mails and online communication, and make time for friends and family.
5. Other Goals: I wanted to prepare and sell my mom's house, watch some TV shows I'd dropped, and not play time-wasting tames.

Progress Update (you can click calendars to see detail better):

HEALTH GOALS:
Summary: A smashing success. I have managed to drink 4 to 6 glasses of water every day, eat at least three servings of fruit and vegetables every day, and walked at least 10,000 steps every day in January. 

PERSONAL PROJECT GOALS:
Summary: I got some photos sorted but still have a ways to go with it. I still hope to start being able to incorporate them into the gallery by March as in my original plan. I have collected Facebook clips every day. I haven't written any new content except on webcomics, but I am still catching up rereading/editing my in-progress novel. I had hoped to move faster than this but it just didn't happen. I hope to finish rereading what I have written and start writing new content soon. My ukulele practice isn't where I wanted it to be--I'm maybe 1/3 of the way through relearning material I wanted to refresh. Hope to start learning the new songs soon.

READING GOALS:
Summary: This is not going as fast as I hoped, but I have managed to read at least twice a week roughly. I have finished one book and am part of the way through another.



RELATIONSHIP AND COMMUNICATION GOALS:
Summary: I haven't documented as much as I need to but I'm working on it. My e-mail box is at 1 unanswered mail. I have spent a lot of time with friends and family--very busy month socially!

OTHER GOALS:
Summary: I have sold almost all the furniture at my mom's house--just two larger pieces left--and have packed up all her stuff into donation boxes. I got a realtor. My sister is coming to help me with some tasks in mid-February. I think I'm in OK shape with that. I have not picked up any of the TV shows I want to watch. And I have managed to not play the time-wasting games at all in the month of January.

Will update again next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment