Saturday, February 3, 2024

Personal Digest Saturday: January 27 – February 2

Life news this week:

  • Saturday felt like Sunday. Don't know why. Did my blogging, read really old Tumblr posts, put away dishes and laundry, and then Kari came over and gave me my birthday gift and stayed to chat and eat pizza. After she left I took a walk and made some future plans with friends.

  • Sunday I went to Mom's and cleaned out the garage. My new realtor came to see the place and took some photos. She is going to send me a list of recommendations for what I need to do to make the house more saleable. A really nice guy came and took a bunch of the tools and materials that were in the garage for free and I gave him a metal desk for free too, and he ended up buying a collectible condiment caddy while he was there. Another couple finally bought the two dressers and a nighttable, and they bought some odds and ends too. I got the garage almost entirely done and put some things out for free and cheap. After I got home I made a video and did my laundry and trash chores.

  • Monday I posted my new video and spent the work day entering stuff in Quickbooks (a new thing I'm helping my boss with). Made arrangements for people to pick things up at Mom's and ended up going over there again to sell a TV and some lamps and a table. Also gave away some stuff and made arrangements to give away other things. Everything is taken care of except two bigger furniture items that I really hope will sell. And the guy from the couple from the day before who bought the dressers came back to buy art and brought a friend with him to look at Mom's stained glass and they took some free items too. Yay! Went home, talked to Jeaux on the phone and he told me he was going to "surprise" me with a homemade late birthday cake. I did some more laundry and wrote a webcomic.

  • Tuesday I worked and had three meetings and did data entry in Quickbooks again. Chased around customer service at the Post Office because one of my eBay customers accidentally had the wrong address on their account and the package got sent to Idaho instead of where they actually live on the East Coast. Don't know what will come of it. Did a Polo, worked on So You Write, and stayed late entering Quickbooks data. Posted my comic after midnight.

  • Wednesday I had pest control and entered Quickbooks data some more. Plus did a meeting and some research. Jeaux came and we ate at Little Greek, and after the grocery shopping Jeaux revealed his lovely yellow cake with homemade frosting (he even piped a border)! We ate and watched Colbert and took a walk.

  • Thursday involved MORE Quickbooks entry and meetings. Wrote my comic, did some reading and processed my progress calendars (posted in the previous entry). Played games with friends. Sang some songs. Did some drawings. Listened to my new CD Dare gave me and was happy.

  • Friday I did some utility stuff and reports. Took all day. Was grumpy that my house is messy. Didn't get much walking in until after I posted my comic, so I did it while reading. And I listened to the second CD Dare gave me.

New Reviews:
Health Plan Update:

  • Weight stuff: It's really just staying the same with minor fluctuations. I really don't want to do anything major to change what I'm doing because I'm happy with my balanced diet, but maybe if I really want to see some downard movement here (I'd be more comfortable if I lost 5 to 7 pounds), I should change my portions or something? Haven't decided. High weight: 123.3. Low weight: 121.7.
  • Nutrition stuff: I feel really good about the nutritional content of my meals, though it's been a little harder getting protein because I'm focusing so much on fruits and veggies. I tend toward having fruit and yogurt in the morning and higher fat items toward the end of the day. Still consistently taking vitamins.
  • Activity stuff: I met my walking goal every day this week. My low day was Tuesday at 10,030 steps, and my high day was Sunday at 14,657 steps.

Books Read: 

  • Finished Reading: Nothing this week.

  • Currently Reading: The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik. I'm on page 101.
    New singing performances:

    This week's karaoke song is "Speed of Sound" by Coldplay.



    Stuff drawn:

    My monthly writing webcomic, So You Write:

    My weekly fantasy webcomic, Negative One:
     
    #0977: ivy #303: something about the truth.

    Videos Made:

    Letters to an Asexual #110 (HSDD Exists!) is out. In this video, I discuss the importance of acknowledging that though sexual dysfunctions and psychological issues surrounding sex are not asexuality, they also DO exist.


    New photos:

    Jeaux made a cake for me because I never get cakes baked for me (since I am always the baker.) This is the VERY FIRST TIME he's ever baked a cake by himself and he did a wonderful job.

    Cake


    Me with cake

    Jeaux with cake

    Me at the start of National Bird Feeding Month



    Social Media Counts: 

    YouTube subscribers: 5,442 for swankivy (lost 6), 677 for JulieSondra (1 new), 17 for v & V Vids (no change), 197 for Not-So-Giant Women (1 new), 70 for Tides of Time Band (no change). Twitter followers: 844 for swankivy (lost 1), 3,860 for JulieSondra (lost 12). Facebook: 299 friends for swankivy (no change), 647 likes for JulieSondra (no change), 82 followers for Negative One (no change), 247 likes for So You Write (1 new), 97 followers for Not-So-Giant-Women (no change). Tumblr followers: 2,445 (no change). Instagram followers: 263 (lost 2).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment